Thread: THE SIMPLE LIFE CG--Robbinsville, NC

THE SIMPLE LIFE CG--Robbinsville, NC

I camped there this past weekend. nice large sites. drive in is pretty vertical on a dirt road but a 2.5'wide sidewalk in the road for the bikes. the men's room has one sink, one shower, one john. that was ok this trip with only 4 campers. the owner is a very nice guy. i was able to get ATT cell coverage without having to walk far from my tent. verizon works all over i think. one problem that will be a negative for some is the roosters. the neighbors have roosters that crow at 0325. about 3 or 4 call back and forth a few time and quit. then about 0530 all the roosters start and continnue until sun up. neighbors also have a dog pen and they bark a bunch too at night. the problem is, the c/g owner has no control over any of it. the only thing that would bother me is the lack of restrooms. hopefully he will put in a few more as he expands up the mountain. $14 a night for 2 tents. hammock friendly too.
    IF THE WIND IS BLOWING, I'LL BE AT THE BEACH

SCRC Ch. 183 N. Atlanta quadancer's Avatar

Re: THE SIMPLE LIFE CG--Robbinsville, NC

Quote Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
    the neighbors have roosters that crow at 0325. about 3 or 4 call back and forth a few time and quit. then about 0530 all the roosters start and continnue until sun up. neighbors also have a dog pen and they bark a bunch too at night. the problem is, the c/g owner has no control over any of it.
    Oh. You camped in HELL.
    If'n ya boards ain't a-sparkin',
    then you is just a-parkin'!

DARKSIDE RULES!

Yep, I finally tried Simple Life one night while passing through. Its best for cabin rentals. The sites are on a steep hill and the single bathrooms are clean. But, its right in town, lots of road noise, barking dogs, neighbors yelling and cranking up diesel trucks late at night and before day light. Its not a place for relaxing, okay for a cabin though. The owner is very nice and its good for what it is, a city campground in a residential neighborhood close to the main part of town. Its cheap though, but there are many other much more pleasant choices in the area for tent or RV. If your in a group and want a cabin its a decent choice, but the single shower is lacking. Might have to wait a while.

I tent-camped there for three nights this April. My experience was a little different from the other posters...I didn't hear any roosters or noise from the road or town while I was there. I found it to be a relaxing place to camp...Near to Robbinsville (which I would hardly describe as a city, anyway ) so convenient to get supplies nearby, and also pretty centrally located as a jumping-off point to the Cherohala Skyway, Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon, etc.

Not a rustic, woodsy campground which I usually prefer, but still pleasant. I'd stay there again.

Yup, the road through the campground is steep, but the sites are flat with potable water nearby. Cabins are further up, as are the facilities which were very clean and well maintained.

Tent sites are limited, so make sure to make reservations.

And the owners were outstandingly welcoming and helpful.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Even at midnight there was lots of traffic going by and dogs barking. The tent sites are near the road at the entry. Its cheap, but if you want peaceful I don't think it qualifies. On a Saturday the road noise is major even after dark, then on a weekday the neighbors get up at day light and go to work. I had Ford diesel trucks going in and out of the neighboring driveways multiple times in the morning driving fast. I just put earplugs in, it was okay for the price. Nice people running the place, I would rent a cabin there. That little one man cabin is a great deal. The neighbors are too close for tent camping in my opinion, too much traffic, people calling their dogs, yelling at kids, loud trucks going back and forth. Its a busy area right in town. The white F-350 going in and out next door was irritating, the guy just hammered the poor truck up and down a steep driveway at high rpm. I drive a Dodge Cummins with loud exhaust, I know you can ease out of the driveway without hammering it! The neighbors were inconsiderate IMO, driving to fast and loud. The motorcycles produced very little noise in comparison. I wish they had more property and a buffer from the neighbors. The place is clean and well kept.

No price is cheap enough for me to consider camping in this environment...with NO sleep, FREE campsites are too expensive. But, do really appreciate these reviews.

Wow... I must have camped there on the only three quiet days this year.
    Lucky me.

Quote Originally Posted by menhir View Post
    I tent-camped there for three nights this April. My experience was a little different from the other posters...I didn't hear any roosters or noise from the road or town while I was there. I found it to be a relaxing place to camp...Near to Robbinsville (which I would hardly describe as a city, anyway ) so convenient to get supplies nearby, and also pretty centrally located as a jumping-off point to the Cherohala Skyway, Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon, etc.

Not a rustic, woodsy campground which I usually prefer, but still pleasant. I'd stay there again.

Yup, the road through the campground is steep, but the sites are flat with potable water nearby. Cabins are further up, as are the facilities which were very clean and well maintained.

Tent sites are limited, so make sure to make reservations.

And the owners were outstandingly welcoming and helpful.
    I stayed there 2 nights this week. I had a very good experience. Nice and quite. I did hear a pickup driving on the hill to the left as you enter. Maybe it was quite because it was so late in the season. One of the only places open in November. I sure was wondering what I was getting myself into though when I started up that steep hill towing my Rollahome with the poor cement road. Turned out to be fine. Pulled into his covered porch to check in. I had the second tent site on the right as you entered. The owner came down and helped me get my trailer situated just the way I wanted it. No complaints really. Nice young retired military lady setup tent across from me the second night and we had long good visit. She was driving a 650? BMW.
    2012 Goldwing & matching Hannigan GL trailer
    Windbender, Traxxion triple tree & AK20 struts
    Michelin Alpin ZP rear tire
    2016 Roll-A-Home camper

I stayed there for another three nights this April. I was looking for some last minute camping spots but none were available. I rented one of the small cabins instead.

Once again, my stay was great and like last year, pleasant and quite. The cabin was clean and the hosts that were uncompromisingly welcoming and helpful.

I was prepared for the steep uphill climb this time and because I was there last year it was no surprise, and therefore it didn't seem quite as steep as I remembered it. :-)
    The owner seems to be constantly improving the site...The road to the office was wider and he's adding some additional wash stations.

Not all cabins have parking, but the main office has a covered pavilion where bikes can be left. There's still one washroom, but there was never any waiting when I've been there and it was clean and well maintained.