Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HF Tag-along

Re: HF Tag-along

Before you buy a HF trailer that you put together, check with your state regulations! My nephew bought one here in Pennsylvania, put it together and then found out it would cost as much to register as he paid for it because he had to assemble it himself. Lots of used ones out there, both HF and name brand ones for a good price.
    2019 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

I just bought a tag along about 3 weeks ago. They had one in store, selling it as a close out item, for $193.00. I went in the back to look at it with the sales guy, because he thought they’d already sold it. The tongue was sticking through the side of the box. The sales guy said if you want it you’ll have to take it as is, I’ll talk to manager and see if he’ll knock anything off. Manager took off $50.00. I bought it for 143 dollars. Everything was there. Got it put together, wired canam for trailer, and installed hitch, pulled it about 20 miles to try it out. Pulls real nice. I think I gotta good deal on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    I just bought a tag along about 3 weeks ago. They had one in store, selling it as a close out item, for $193.00. I went in the back to look at it with the sales guy, because he thought they’d already sold it. The tongue was sticking through the side of the box. The sales guy said if you want it you’ll have to take it as is, I’ll talk to manager and see if he’ll knock anything off. Manager took off $50.00. I bought it for 143 dollars. Everything was there. Got it put together, wired canam for trailer, and installed hitch, pulled it about 20 miles to try it out. Pulls real nice. I think I gotta good deal on it.
    You got a great deal on it. Be sure you clean the wheel bearings and repack them with some good grease. The grease in the wheel bearing is really a very light grease and will allow the bearings to burn up quickly. Good luck with it.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long

I stopped by HF today and was told by the staff that they are not allowed to sell any trailer because they don't have valid wheels to go with the trailer. He cited the recall and lack of replacements.
    2017 Triumph Trophy SE

Quote Originally Posted by Hoovooloo View Post
    I stopped by HF today and was told by the staff that they are not allowed to sell any trailer because they don't have valid wheels to go with the trailer. He cited the recall and lack of replacements.
    whaa? Dont have valid wheels?!?! What am I missing? I have a HF tag along...and I did take the advice of others and replaced the wheels and tires with ones that were a hair bigger. Was a popular mod at the time, but I forget specifically what it was. It's been sitting in my storage unit...but I hate to get rid of it. I think I only paid about 220 bucks for it. Had a coupon and hit it when they were like 279 some years ago.
    Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

I was told that the tires included in the kit don't meet current DOT regs and were recalled. And, they don't have replacements yet.

The price on the ticket was $193. I had cash in hand. No go.