Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HF Tag-along

HF Tag-along

I have a Harbor Freight Tag-along trailer that I bought last year on sale for $380 and they let me use a 20% off coupon also so I ended up paying $303 for it. I pulled the wheel bearings and packed them because the grease the Chinese used looked like vaseline. I also added LED lights. I pulled it on a 4000 mile trip last fall from Ar. to Ut. and back with zero problems. It's a cheap ugly trailer but it hauls all my camping gear. I replaced he cheap 2 ply tires when I got back because they already was getting worn.

Re: HF Tag-along

Eh, looks don't matter when the price is right!?!

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

I have a tag along from HF too. I agree with you on both counts, kinda cheap, but it works perfect for me.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    I have a tag along from HF too. I agree with you on both counts, kinda cheap, but it works perfect for me.
    My little Taggy has served me very well, 10,000 miles last year on everything from Superslab to Goat Roads...

I have 4390 miles on it this trip and it has exceeded all my expectations.

I just tried to buy the tagalong, and found the central HF site is out of stock. They did say some stores might still have one...
    1982 KZ 1300 6 cylinder water-cooled
    2012 Street Glide

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 212mike View Post
    I just tried to buy the tagalong, and found the central HF site is out of stock. They did say some stores might still have one...
    Welcome to the site Mike!

I know it's way out of the way, but the Bowling Green, KY store had one in stock a couple of weeks ago. It would make a fun weekend trip, and there is an AutoZone right next door that should have everything you would need to get your light wiring sorted.
    Steve

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

ozarks hillbilly

I bought the 49X49 flatbed a year ago... if i wrer doing it again,it would be the tag along... no regrets but would get the other trailer

I bought my Tag Alone 2011 and till today it has 20,000 miles on the same tires with no problem, very good trailer for under $300 it was on sale and 20% off of it.

I was looking at trailers for my camping stuff but didn't like the $1500-5000 price tags and had decided to make my own by putting a cartopper on a small HF trailer. Until I found the HF Tag-along which is essentially a trailer with a cartopper. I figured for $300 I could buy something better eventually if I didn't like the Tag-along. After I bought it and repacked the wheels I took it to an ironworker and had a new longer tongue made with a cooler rack on it ($100 and they even painted it.) I have never been disappointed. After seeing my camp set up, I often have had people standing around watching me pack up my camp just to see how I put everything back in.

I have a HF Tag-Along too. Love it. It pulls great. While it might not be the prettiest trailer around, it does it's job!