Thread: Twin Creeks Campground, Buffalo, Wyoming

Twin Creeks Campground, Buffalo, Wyoming

Twin Creeks Campground, Buffalo, Wyoming – This campground was originally a KOA, but is now a Good Sam Campground. (It is also for sale – you can google the listing through Coldwell Banker / The Smith Brokerage, Inc., in Buffalo, WY, if interested.) This is a very nicely laid out and landscaped place with a creek running along the edge of it. Tent camping is rather sparse, but with the pop-up tent, we got a “power & water” small RV site with a few trees for much needed shade (as we usually do). They have a limited C-store/gift shop in the office, clean facilities, and nice people working there. (There are C-stores with food and gas close by; plus the Cowboy Bar and amazingly good Winchester Steakhouse are just a little ways east on the same road. Otherwise, the main part of town is just half a mile to a mile west of the campground, on the west side of I-25.)

Buffalo is one of the nicer locations in northeastern Wyoming. It is at the junction of I-25 and I-90; and is on Highway 16—which offers the safest (open year-round) and quickest (least steep) scenic route to Yellowstone NP and other points West through the majestic Big Horn Mountains. It has the rustic small town charm, but you can find pretty much whatever you need in town. The Occidental Hotel, museum and shoppes downtown offer a good look at the history of the area. (Buffalo is in Johnson County. Just for fun, google “Johnson County War cattle and sheep” – you’ll get a good history lesson on the settlement of the West.) There are also a few fast food places and some other really good restaurants and steakhouses in town. We only live an hour away, but were in town overnight for the Big Horn Mountain and Bluegrass Music Festival in late June – highly recommend this 3-day venue if you love music. (Sheridan is just half an hour north on I-90, and is great for antiquing!)

Here is a link to the campground website: http://twincreekscampground.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Twin Creeks  Campground 2.jpg   Twin Creeks  Campground 3.jpg   100_4712.jpg   100_4750.jpg   Shell Canyon 8-8-2010 010.jpg  

See You down the road...
    I get to drive - She does the drive by shooting (with the camera)
    2012 Harley Ultra Classic-'14 XLHD Cargo Trailer
    Our own web page http://www.jmh-limited-editions.com/home.html

Re: Twin Creeks Campground, Buffalo, Wyoming

Okay. This is where I want to go. We stayed in Buffalo before in our fifth-wheel, on our way from the Black Hills to Yellowstone a few years ago, but I think we stayed in a campground called Deer Park? This one sounds nice also. And I think we ate at the Winchester as well! Buffalo does have a neat down-town area! Great report, can't wait to get back there.
    There's just something about the sound of those pipes echoing off the canyon walls......

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by zig View Post
    Okay. This is where I want to go. We stayed in Buffalo before in our fifth-wheel, on our way from the Black Hills to Yellowstone a few years ago, but I think we stayed in a campground called Deer Park? This one sounds nice also. And I think we ate at the Winchester as well! Buffalo does have a neat down-town area! Great report, can't wait to get back there.
    This campground is right across the road from Deer Park. Great place to camp and do day rides from. When You get this way let us know, maybe we can meet up and visit a bit.

Mark

That sounds like a plan. Hopefully later this Summer