Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 B-fast ideas

14 B-fast ideas

for me....

1st thing: It goes without saying: STRONG coffee, ideally boiling 4 to 6 cups of water, and brewing (or buying from a locally owned shop)

2nd thing: i dont like doing dishes, particularly in the morning. So fast and easy is highly preferred.

3rd thing: i dont like donuts or pastries, so, that mean i want something real in my belly.... or, nothing at all... & waiting to have a brunch.

things i typical eat for B-fast:
    - boiled egg, or two (only if they are previously prepared, and i'm feeling my normal lazy self)
    - B-fast burrito (only if previously made, w potatoes, partly-frozen, rapped in alum-foil) This is another lazy option, but it does take longer than options below.
    - single fried egg and toast (short-fast, but one dirty pan)
    - fried eggs w tortillas & salsa. i do this if i am willing to make extras, & wrap leftovers into Burritos, pack in foil w butter, for the next day's Bfast.
    - Hot Cocoa, dark, rich (high milk-fat) & a granola bar with peanut butter on top. (this is really one of my favorites)
    - granola w milk or chocolate milk. Or without anything; dry is fine with me
    + couple of eggs, cracked into pan with 1/4 serving of last night's dinner (a big favorite of mine, as eggs goes great with: STEAK , or traces of chili, or shrimp, or bratwurst chunks, or the spicy sausage in red sauce i saved out from the pasta dish from last night) (hey, there is still one one pan to wash, but huge number of options, and ... well, steak and eggs is a the best!!
    - granola bar, or two, ideally chocolate-chip, with or without peanut butter.
    - Dark chocolate bar... with, yes you guessed it.... peanut butter on top.
    flailer
    ----
    It's never to late to have a good childhood
    2006 KTM 525exc - SuperMoto kitted
    2004 Stock, Colored Fast-Red VFR, 19,000 miles
    1990 RMX Woods / Trails bike
    Numerous Mtn Bikes, One roadie-ride
    Two Wheels Grand - Four Wheels Evil

Re: 14 B-fast ideas

and, Yes, i am hoping to see other people's ideas, as i am planning 3 trips this coming summer

Instant oatmeal (maple flavored) works for me much of the time, along with a cup of coffee.

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Coffee made in the French Press, Oatmeal for me.
    Only takes 2 pots of hot water including cleanup.

Eggs with biscuits and sausage gravy. More pans to clean up but that is my favorite breakfast. Instant oatmeal when I'm feeling lazy. And of course, gots to have my coffee.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

Quote Originally Posted by BeemMeUp View Post
    Eggs with biscuits and sausage gravy. More pans to clean up but that is my favorite breakfast. Instant oatmeal when I'm feeling lazy. And of course, gots to have my coffee.
    Yes sir. The meal that I love also....
    2007 Cabernet Red Metallic Goldwing
    2005 Aspen Classic

We eat the same stuff we eat at home.

Me; black coffee, toasted bagel with butter, banana, and either an orange or grapefruit.

She; coffee with half and half, instant oatmeal with a little Silk and Craisins (dried cranberries) and an apple.

Keeps us satisfied till lunch.

If we need to get going early, we use paper plates/bowls to keep cleanup quick.

Some good ideas!
    Here are some of my favorites (besides the ones already mentioned)
    -toast and butter is always good!
    -I don't drink coffee but I do like some hot apple cider made from instant packages
    -peanut butter and honey sandwich!
    -instant cream-of-wheat
    -if the kid are with me, they seem to like pancakes (instant mix only needs water)
    -and of course fruit, when it's hot out ... grapefruit, apples, bananas

Sidecars Rule! ☺

Another vote for bisquits and gravy if I have the time to clean up. I use the Southeastern Mill pepper gravy and bisquick. I have one of those vacuum sealers and split it up into single serving quantities.
    If I'm in a hurry, I also have a pie iron with shortened handles. It is just the right size to balance on top of the MSR stove. I put in a slice of bread, a slice of cheese, one egg (or egg beater) and another slice of bread.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

A vote for the flavored Quaker Instant Oatmeal, with extra Granola/raisins/blueberries added, along with a couple of those mini bagels toasted on my GSI folding toaster (that Gary gave me at last year's North Woods Camp Out ), topped with butter and peanut butter along with a hot bevy of choice.

That and some Mountain Trail Mix and/or Granola bars will keep me going through to dinner
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg