Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Touring Pants

Thumbs up Motorcycle Touring Pants

I've been in the market for getting a nice pair of textile riding pants that I can wear while on my U.S. 4 courners trip. I've had a hard time justifying the cost when looking at all the options out there.

I found these "Jackets 4 Bikes" "Motorcycle Cruising,Touring, Commute Pants" on amazon.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-CRUSING-TOURING-COMMUTING-PANTS/dp/B003OHD170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325855603&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/MOTORCYCLE-CRUSING-TOURING-COMMUTING-PANTS/dp/B003OHD170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325855603&sr=8-1[/ame]

Review: There is always some nervousness when you purchase something on the net without trying it on. In this case I took a chance and I'm pleased to say that these are EXAXCTLY what I was looking for.

These are waterproof and have a Jacket type zip in liner for warmth. For me they fit a tad tight, but I anticipated them being a little small I wear a 38X30 and these were 40X30's. They have zippered pockets as well as some nice leg pockets for Maps or a Wallet . No wallet pocket in the back, but thats ok, I don't like wearing my wallet when on long rides. the bottom of the leg velcro's as well as zippers up mid calf. Removable armor on the knees and hips and when seated the knee armor seet perfectly on my knews.

I took them out yesterday for a short 150 mile ride through the San Gabriel Mountains. The temps varried from 80 down to the 40's in the mountains and the pants were very comforable for the entire ride. Though waterproof they seem to breath nicely.

Re: Motorcycle Touring Pants

Nice review Jack !

Looking at the pics, the side pockets look like they have a velcro cinch strap. Any idea what that does ?
    '07 Ultra Classic
    Homebuilt trailer
    Politically Incorrect, Morally Challenged, Saved by Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cujo View Post
    Nice review Jack !

Looking at the pics, the side pockets look like they have a velcro cinch strap. Any idea what that does ?
    Yes it nicely secures what is in the side pockets

Jack if you have side pipes be careful that your leg doesn't get too close to the pipe as it will melt the fabric and leave a black ceramic like residue on the pipe. I've ruined two pair of similar pants on my Honda Cruisers. Cost me 40 bucks to get the pants repaired and another 4 or 5 hours with super fine steel wool and acetate getting the black crap off the pipe.
    "Four Wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul"............Ride Safe 09 F800GS
    www.justcallmewhosoever.blogspot.com

Those look like pretty nice pants. Are they big enough to wear over a pair of shorts? I'm looking for a pair to wear over shorts so I can take them off while setting up the tent without haveing to run to the shower house to change first.
    Kerry,
    1989 GL1500 Goldwing
    1984 VF700C aka Ye Olde MagnaWing

Quote Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
    Those look like pretty nice pants. Are they big enough to wear over a pair of shorts? I'm looking for a pair to wear over shorts so I can take them off while setting up the tent without haveing to run to the shower house to change first.
    I wear 2 pairs of cycling pants a short pair and a long pair.. both work will with the pant...

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Thumbs up Mesh Motorcycle Touring Pants work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
    Kerry .... I think you'd find those types of pants too warm, while riding the wing in anything but early spring - later fall conditions/temps.

While I'm sure they work well on an unfaired bike, I have a set of armoured full textile pants with a zip out liner and even when wearing a pair of shorts and the liner removed, I find them too hot once the temops get above 75*

I went to a pair of Mesh Riding Pants with zip out rain/wind and thermal liners. With a pair of shorts on underneath, I can/have ridden comfortably in them from 30*-110*+, by adding/subtracting liners.

The fairings on our wings block a lot of wind, so a pair of full textile pants are best for early spring/late fall temps/conditions IMHO

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Re: Mesh Motorcycle Touring Pants work well for me.

Well I'll be taking them out today for a spin, will be in the 80's so I'll get a good dose of warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Kerry .... I think you'd find those types of pants too warm, while riding the wing in anything but early spring - later fall conditions/temps.

While I'm sure they work well on an unfaired bike, I have a set of armoured full textile pants with a zip out liner and even when wearing a pair of shorts and the liner removed, I find them too hot once the temops get above 75*

I went to a pair of Mesh Riding Pants with zip out rain/wind and thermal liners. With a pair of shorts on underneath, I can/have ridden comfortably in them from 30*-110*+, by adding/subtracting liners.

The fairings on our wings block a lot of wind, so a pair of full textile pants are best for early spring/late fall temps/conditions IMHO

Dusty

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Your bike is unfaired, Tim, so you will benefit from more 'breeze on yer knees'.

I was afraid they would be to hot on The Wing. But the price was right. I was originally looking for a pair of mesh pants but just haven't found any I liked yet.