Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toiletries bag

toiletries bag

Okay, so this may seem like an odd thing to review, but you've got to bring your toiletries along. How do you do it? I've got this Rick Steeves bag. It's the 7" version. I think it was reasonable at about $15 and it has all the features I wanted in a camping toiletry bag. It has lots of little compartments and a few bigger ones too. The handle is nice and so is the hook for hanging. There's even a mirror included (supposedly shatter-proof) that you can either keep attached or remove. It also packs nice and small -- 8 X 7 X 3" and you can get them from www.ebags.com -- good company to deal with.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

Re: toiletries bag

My ex-wife and her mother were big fans of the freebie days at the cosmetics counters of the department stores at the mall. I wound up with a big black garbage bag full of makup bags and tote bags. I found a nice blue one that works just great for toiletries. I also have another one that I use for a tool bag and one for my chargers and laptop cables. And the tote bags work nicely for running up to the shower house.
    Kerry,
    1989 GL1500 Goldwing
    1984 VF700C aka Ye Olde MagnaWing

I have an almost identical bag to the one the OP has. Wife actually picked it up, and it's worked out great. The zip-out flap/hook thing works a trick in a camp shower, even works pretty good in our pop-up shower tent. Wife keeps all the medical supplies and stuff in it too.

Walmart plastic bag....................
    (but I really need something better.........thanks for the ideas!! )

Quote Originally Posted by aysrav View Post
    Okay, so this may seem like an odd thing to review, but you've got to bring your toiletries along. How do you do it? I've got this Rick Steeves bag. It's the 7" version. I think it was reasonable at about $15 and it has all the features I wanted in a camping toiletry bag. It has lots of little compartments and a few bigger ones too. The handle is nice and so is the hook for hanging. There's even a mirror included (supposedly shatter-proof) that you can either keep attached or remove. It also packs nice and small -- 8 X 7 X 3" and you can get them from www.ebags.com -- good company to deal with.

John and I have the same bags...we love them...carries most all you would want...and packs down small...since they only had one color where I got these I had our names monogramed on the front flap...don't think John would want to get all the way to the campground shower with the wrong bag... hahaha but the bages work great...I also have a ton of those free makeup bags...and I use them for all kinds of stuff encluding tool bag...

for short trips, i use an old 1950's bank bag

tough & has a strong zipper

for extended adventures, i use an L.L. Bean bag like the one shown above

i got my wife, & my granddaughter for H.S. graduation, an L.L.Bean bag in the LARGE size, which holds all the hair stuff too

a friend uses one for his kitchen stuff and it works quite well w/ little bottles of condiments in the little pockets & utensils in the bigger ones

thanks for sharing, so many of us forget to and that forces NOOBs to re-invent the wheel, way too often

sw
    Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now! steve ('08 ural gear-up, dr350, ttr230)

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    Walmart plastic bag....................
    (but I really need something better.........thanks for the ideas!! )
    That was me too! When David first posted this I had the wife look at it and she told me of the many bags she had for me to use, so I just gave up. I was still using plastic bags until last year when the wife came across several back packs at a yard sale. I take one of the back packs when I pull the trailer and have the extra room for it. It's great for taking all your toiletries and a change of clothes to the shower.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Talking Re: toiletries bag

I use the same green shaving kit bag that I have used at home for years.
    Born Again. It's never to late to have a Great Childhood!

Nothing as nice as an old claymore mine bandoleer from the good ol' days. Two pockets and a carrying strap. And it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimswang View Post
    I use the bags we get in First class at Delta Airlines. Filled with travel size toiletries.
    Next time you're in Delta first class, snag me one of these bags, would ya? ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.