Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle campers

Motorcycle campers

I would like to buy a motorcycle camper this coming year.I have ruled out the time out and like campers. I would perfer something that is alittle faster and easyer to set up than the time out kind.Ilike the rollahome,leesure lite and minni mate,or campers similar with the hard top.I would like to find a used one.If anyone heres of any let me know.

Re: Motorcycle campers

contact SHEILA at ROLLAHOME. She is trying to keep a list of people selling their campers and advice on used ones....

Don't rule out the Aspen campers. I think they are the best made campers on the market. The Ambassador has a hard top and they have a hard top for the Classic as an option. Check them out at www.trailmasterinc.com

Not only are the Aspen campers well made, they are one of the fastest to set up ...
    That's something to consider when you need to set your camper up in the rain ...

G

I love my Rollahome worst part about setting up and taking down is the storage area allows me to over pack. I can set up or take down in no time but spend 20 minutes or better gathering my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I love my Rollahome worst part about setting up and taking down is the storage area allows me to over pack. I can set up or take down in no time but spend 20 minutes or better gathering my gear.
    Have to agree the worst thing about any camper is now you can bring even more stuff you might not need.
    I have a Roll-A-Home and would vote for it but most would vote for thier own brand and I dont hear to much bad about any of them.
    Roll-A-Home is about the easiest to set up and fast with one person which is one reason I chose it
    2014 Valkyrie Red the fastest color!
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

(Threadstarter)

Thanks for the replies.
    I havn't ruled out the aspen or bunkhouse and like the easy set up and storage they offer.The down side for the soft top campers for me is the worry of mice getting in and chewing the tenting.I had that problom years ago with a pop up camper I had at the time.I am thinking the hard top would help keep un wanted things out.The mini mate by Kompact Kamper looks good to me but the storage is limited and the dressing area is small to none,but the set up is fast and it is light and small to pull.The last camping trip in oct.I set up a tent and took down the tent in the rain,so easy set up is the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricater View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I havn't ruled out the aspen or bunkhouse and like the easy set up and storage they offer.The down side for the soft top campers for me is the worry of mice getting in and chewing the tenting.I had that problom years ago with a pop up camper I had at the time.
    Moth balls work to keep those unwanted criters at bay, along with wadded up tin foill stuffed into openings and crevices where they might enter.
    OR ... you could just throw a cat in your camper when you park it for the winter ...

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Moth balls work to keep those unwanted criters at bay, along with wadded up tin foill stuffed into openings and crevices where they might enter.
    OR ... you could just throw a cat in your camper when you park it for the winter ...
    Steel wool also works well in the openings.
    Kerry,
    1989 GL1500 Goldwing
    1984 VF700C aka Ye Olde MagnaWing

Quote Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
    Steel wool also works well in the openings.
    Yes, steel wool works too, but you have to be carefull ... If it rusts, it will leave rust stains on the fabric that are hard, or impossable to remove ...
    Wadded up tinfoil won't do that ...

G