Thread: George Smith State Park

George Smith State Park

Very interesting campground. Only around 25 campsites but they are huge. There's a cool covered bridge (see pic), a self-guided museum, good fishing, canoe rentals, a little store with nick nacks, etc. A short ride to nearby cities with restaurants. The usual amenities for each site -- fire pit, picnic table, water, electricity (not cheap -- $24 per night). Bath house with washer/dryer was clean and convenient. FYI, It's about half way in between Savannah and Augusta.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

Re: George Smith State Park

David that looks like a great place. When were you there...as in when did you take these pics? Is this Georgia if so where/

Pat
    "Four Wheels move the body; two wheels move the soul"............Ride Safe 09 F800GS
    www.justcallmewhosoever.blogspot.com

(Threadstarter)

Re: George Smith State Park

Hi Pat,
    I was determined to take a short motocampout this week while I had a couple of days off. We've had a very mild winter, so far. Last year at this time it was pouring snow. Well, for Georgia standards. I think this campground was about 90 miles south of Augusta. I was there in less than two hours, but the transformation of scenery was rather significant and most welcome!