Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt's campground

Hunt's campground

I can't believe no one has mentioned the camp ground we use for the forum chill out in June.

It is the most friendly motorcycle campground I have ever stayed at. They also have cabins. Very clean, they provide everything. Gas Grills, Fire wood and even build the fire. well kept grounds. Price is right also.
    Here is there website.

http://www.huntslodge.com/

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

Re: Hunt's campground

I have never been there but am going to try to get in a night there this year. The only time I have been able to get out that direction I'm staying the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground for the V4HondaBBS SGT.
    Kerry,
    1989 GL1500 Goldwing
    1984 VF700C aka Ye Olde MagnaWing

SCRC Ch. 183 N. Atlanta quadancer's Avatar

The Hunt's are awesome folks - Jack even loaned my wife an extra bag when the temps dipped below 30 when predicted for 40's. I don't think I could stand the open grounds in the heat of midsummer though. Kinda missed my little indian fire too - they don't allow site fires. Oh esscyooz me...I meant "Native American" fire...
    If'n ya boards ain't a-sparkin',
    then you is just a-parkin'!

DARKSIDE RULES!

Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Holly Springs, NC

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post
    ....they provide everything...
    http://www.huntslodge.com/
    Including coffee, ice, washer/dryer, and good advice on roads to ride.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Yup .... great facilities and not too bad in the heat of summer if you are lucky enough to pitch your tent by/under one of the few trees there. Great riding in the area as well. A good spot to make as your base camp if staying in that area for a few days.

When I was there in mid September (just a couple of days after you, Gary) I was the only one there and had the run of the place!

Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

SCRC Ch. 183 N. Atlanta quadancer's Avatar

We had ice on the tent and trailer next morning - I enjoyed a walk and scenes like this as the fog was lifting:

Found Hunts by accident a few years ago. Have went back several times. Would recomend to any one that is in the area to give them a chance to show you the hospitality they give you. Not the cheapest on the surface but with all of the ice. washer and dryer. coffee. I agree it is nice to have your own campfire but a central fire is better than none. Just my opinion. Zipp

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

While having the option to have your own, personal campfire at your site is nice, it certainly is no deal breaker for me. Being a long time backpacker, I'm used to going without a fire. (if you need the fire to cook on, maybe you should invest in a small, compact one burner stove, or an environmentally friendly portable grill, which is all self contained and doesn't need a fire pit)
    Same thing at BRMC, as they have a central fire pit, which is probably designed to bring the moto-campers together socially, so they get to meet each other and share 'Tall Tales' around the fire pit.

Nothing worse to me, then rolling into an 'informal/dispersed campground, which has all kinds of fire rings scattered all over by campers wanting their fire in a different spot than the last person!!

JMHO

Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post

Nothing worse to me, then rolling into an 'informal/dispersed campground, which has all kinds of fire rings scattered all over by campers wanting their fire in a different spot than the last person!!
    JMHO
    Dusty
    Kinda like at Cycle-Morre?

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Yeah theey always want thier fire on a high flat spot, which is where everyone wants to put their tents. Hate putting a tent over ashes of an old fire.
    Gary

2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1999 Honda 1500
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 250
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100