Thread: Little River State Campground - Waterbury, VT

Little River State Campground - Waterbury, VT

We stayed here prior to NERDS 2011 in Stowe, VT. There are two sections of this campground. We stayed in the northeastern section which is about a mile and a half from the other section. Most, if not all, of the sites are deep shade. I had researved a "small" campsite, which turned out to be a mistake since although the site was average size, only about 60 square feed were adequate to pitch a tent. Large roots covered the levelish areas, and most of the rest was too steeply pitched. Next time I'll get a large site so I'll have better choices for pitching the tent. The "fine gravel" of the site had a high clay content that made a mess from the day and a half of rain we had during our 4 day stay.

The restrooms were kept very clean, the showers were good, altho you have to prime them with quarters, which I hate. There is swimming in the reservoir, which is 4 or 5 miles long. Prices are quite reasonable 20-ish a nite (their website is down at the moment).

All in all I'd stay there again, altho I think I'll try Smuggler's Notch Campground next.

Re: Little River State Campground - Waterbury, VT

were ya worried about some one taking your table? i see its chaned down!!!

sorry couldnt help my self

Looks nice

dray

Quote Originally Posted by dray View Post
    were ya worried about some one taking your table? i see its chaned down!!!

sorry couldnt help my self

Looks nice

dray
    More like the Trailer... Good idea!
    seeya
    eidolon

Looks nice! There's a c/g at Smuggler's Notch? When I went thru there all i was worried about was getting down that STEEP narrow road safely and living to tell about it! HAHA!!