Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10+ lunch ideas

10+ lunch ideas

Lunch is often on the move, so usually is no big deal to stop, anywhere, for whatever i am in the mood for. So, rather than list those options, i list ideas for "fillers" , rest-stop snacks, and general concepts.

+ power bars. no duh, flailer
    ++ nuts & seeds, a couple of hand-fulls per break. Items like: raw shelled pecans, dry roasted almonds, shelled, roasted, unsalted, sunflower seeds (these are inexpensive too) , shelled peanuts, cashews. (this idea has worked very well for me for years - lots of food value is a small non-refrigerated, non-breakable packages, buy anywhere (slip open packages into zip-lock baggies)) AND... Nut can be with or without.... wait for it .... wait .... YES: Chocolate chips!!!!!
    - crackers & cheese
    - corn chips (goes nice with cheese, or with some types of nuts)
    - Peanut Butter on (whatever is handy: apple, orange, granola bars)
    - Chocolate bars (with Peanut butter of course!!!! lol)
    - PB&J (saves well, tastes great unless it is really smashed-up in your tank-bag)
    - cheese sandwich, mustard (saves VERY well, tastes great even if smash.. lol)
    ++ Five dollar foot-long!!! (saving half, the half without mayo, for your second lunch, 200 miles further down the road, at the view-point you heard about from billy-bob)
    - pack and refill your: Water Water Water Water

i'm planning now, for spring trips , so * please-please share your ideas
    flailer
    ----
    It's never to late to have a good childhood
    2006 KTM 525exc - SuperMoto kitted
    2004 Stock, Colored Fast-Red VFR, 19,000 miles
    1990 RMX Woods / Trails bike
    Numerous Mtn Bikes, One roadie-ride
    Two Wheels Grand - Four Wheels Evil

Re: 10+ lunch ideas

Can of sardines & cheese crackers ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

Cheetos and beef jerky.

can of tuna and crackers with some cheeze in a can.
    Kerry,
    1989 GL1500 Goldwing
    1984 VF700C aka Ye Olde MagnaWing

kippers and grey poupon

2004 FLHTC 1982 FLHP 1974 CB360 1996 Kwik-Kamp
    Life Member ABATE
    Helmet Free since 1979

I like Jacks links with cheese and a power drink like powerade or something like that as helps keep watered down and doesnt fill me to the point where I get sleepy
    2018 Pearl White Goldwing Tour DCT
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Jack Links Teriyaki Steaks and an Extra Strength Monster Energy drink when I fuel up, and I'm ready to go till the tank runs dry again.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I rarely stop for lunch .... I just 'refuel' while riding, thanks to having a large tank bag in front of me to keep my lunch snacks handy and having electronic cruise control.

I also have a hydration bladder either buried in my gear bag on my rear seat when I'm between camp sites, or strapped down with a cargo net to the passenger backrest so keeping hydrated while on the move is also no problem.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    I rarely stop for lunch .... I just 'refuel' while riding, thanks to having a large tank bag in front of me to keep my lunch snacks handy and having electronic cruise control.

I also have a hydration bladder either buried in my gear bag on my rear seat when I'm between camp sites, or strapped down with a cargo net to the passenger backrest so keeping hydrated while on the move is also no problem.

Dusty
    ok you can drink while riding you can grab a snak out of the tank bag while driving ..................please tell us you do stop to...

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF61 View Post
    ok you can drink while riding you can grab a snak out of the tank bag while driving ..................please tell us you do stop to...
    ... get gas?

Yes Larry ... I do stop for fuel and at the same time, get rid of any 'build up' I may have accumulated!

I vote for peanut butter and jelly sandwich or tuna salad sandwich.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate