Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kickstand Lodge Stecoah, N.C.

Kickstand Lodge Stecoah, N.C.

http://kickstandlodge.com/index.html This place is great, they have everything a motocamper needs, and Mo (the owner) is awesome! It's in a great location as well.

Re: Kickstand Lodge Stecoah, N.C.

I'll second that recommendation. I've stayed there twice, and damned if Mo didn't know my name the second time when I rolled in. She caters to bikers, always has food/beer etc (cost by donation) and has very clean bathrooms. Cost is minimal, as long as you came in on a bike.

I'm a HUGE fan of KSL. I go there often and find it almost impossible to leave. Mo makes sure that everyone who comes there becomes family. Since everyone is family, they all seem to pitch in with the cooking and the chores. The outdoor kitchen is a great place to have a cold beverage after a day of riding, and share stories of the road. I Know Mo!
    JIM
    '00 HD Nightrain
    Stumble through life, Fat, Dumb, and Happy!

I'll be riding up that way on the second week of October. I stayed in July and look forward to pitching my tent next to the creek once again. Fantastic place to stay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2083.jpg   100_2085.jpg  

Hey shnev, that's my spot! Looks like you got yourself set up over the ant highway! We had 4 tents set up under that tree this summer and had a blast, except for the stifling humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    Hey shnev, that's my spot! Looks like you got yourself set up over the ant highway! We had 4 tents set up under that tree this summer and had a blast, except for the stifling humidity.
    I am not trying to hijack the thread, but I put some ant poison in, and around the tree. I also put out bait around my bike, especially the kick stand. I woke up an spent a couple of hours smashing them with my thumb. That would have been very distracting having all those ants crawling around while trying to take in the scenery. I will have some on my next trip as well. Those ants don't stand a chance.

Ditto here. Mo and her daughter were great hosts to us for 3 days, would recommend to anyone.

When do they close up for the season, or do they?
    Adventure Before Dementia

Nov 1st is the close date according to the web site.
    Gary

2000 Goldwing 1500se, 1984 Mini Mate Camper,VisitedStatesMap.jpg^

Stayed at Mo's twice. Solo in June 2012 and with GF Memorial Weekend this year. Great folks, locale and bathhouses. GF loved the fact there were hair dryers/blowers in her bathhouse. Definitely will return again and again or GF will get her own trike and camping trailer.
    Calman - 2003 1800 GW Trike, 2007 Aspen Sentry (sold 2012), 2012 Mini-Mate Camper, 2014 Timeout Slipstream Camper (sold 2016)
    YNCM, USN-Retired (64-90) RVN Vet, Patriot Guard