Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Timeout Campers

(Threadstarter)

Re: Timeout Campers

[QUOTE=Git 'R Done;56799]I have a couple questions for you TimeOut owners....

I am looking at getting a trailer & the TimeOut is one that i'm looking at.

Had anyone ever had any problems with the floor bending or the hinges bending under the weight of a person or 2 standing on the floor/lid? I am a large guy (250lbs) & would be worried about things bending over time.

I did email TimeOut & they stated that the floor is made to handle 2 people at 250 lbs each... But I'd rather hear from actual owners than a salesperson.

I not only own a Timeout I also sell them,I am not a salesman,I represent what is the truth about the trailers,I have yet to have anyone call back and say I misrepresented my product, That is why it is an easy camper to sell.......Now I am 240lb my wife is about 212 lbs the floor is strong and stable,We have had up to six people in our trailer during a long rain storm Utah no problems,plain and simple truth.
    Now putting up the trailer with one person will take a bit longer but not by much,and each person will have there setup time reduced the more they do it...hope this helps........Ravenshield1941

Quote Originally Posted by ravenshield1941 View Post
    I not only own a Timeout I also sell them,I am not a salesman,I represent what is the truth about the trailers,I have yet to have anyone call back and say I misrepresented my product, That is why it is an easy camper to sell.......Now I am 240lb my wife is about 212 lbs the floor is strong and stable,We have had up to six people in our trailer during a long rain storm Utah no problems,plain and simple truth.
    Now putting up the trailer with one person will take a bit longer but not by much,and each person will have there setup time reduced the more they do it...hope this helps........Ravenshield1941
    Thanks Ravenshield!!! I think I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a used Timeout!

I'm 230lbs and the wife is 160 and we've had ours for 10 years. best trailer ever.
    Shadow:
    2000 Valkryie/DFT Trike & Time-Out Tent Trailer

I"ve been eyeballing a Timeout or a Solace for a while now. Question I had was about the bed area. Seems to me the thin little cushion pack they sell wouldn't be worth a tinkers damn. They also come with an air mattress, but those can be annoying to mess with, especially if you plan to put sheets and stuff on it, getting on and off of it etc. What do you 'longtime' owners use for the beds in the Timeouts? I had thought about those self-inflating thick base camp pads or something, but curious what the experienced owners used.

Quote Originally Posted by kaitiff View Post
    I"ve been eyeballing a Timeout or a Solace for a while now. Question I had was about the bed area. Seems to me the thin little cushion pack they sell wouldn't be worth a tinkers damn. They also come with an air mattress, but those can be annoying to mess with, especially if you plan to put sheets and stuff on it, getting on and off of it etc. What do you 'longtime' owners use for the beds in the Timeouts? I had thought about those self-inflating thick base camp pads or something, but curious what the experienced owners used.
    We have a Roll A Home and what we use under the mattress is the foam like letters and numbers you can get in the toy department at walmart. They fit together like a puzzle. We taped the seams and waa laaa!
    Some of our customers have puchased carpet padding to go under the mattress too.
    We used 3 layers of the foam puzzles and with the foam mattress, it is very confortable.
    2011 Heritage / 2010 Rollahome

Okie Girl

Has anyone seen the Signatour Campers Sebring model. It weighs 400lbs and has a roof top tent on the storage box. It seems like a good deal at $3K for the whole trailer and tent. They even say that you can remove the tent and just have a trailer for hauling stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FRONT CORNER OPEN VIEW.JPG  

Harley Davidson Touring KBarnetteSR's Avatar

I"ve been eyeballing a Timeout or a Solace for a while now.
    I was looking at the Timeout, and saw the Solace for about half price. I was interested for awhile until I realized the Solace was made in China, as a result of an unscrupulous foreign company reverse engineering an American product, I paid the extra money, and bought a made in the USA Timeout. Hell it's only money anyway right? LOL Buy the Timeout, get the company that stands behind their product.
    2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic - Peace Officer Special Edition, 2012 TimeOut Deluxe.
    "This ain't no dress rehearsal. You'll regret those things you didn't do, not the ones you did."

HarleyJack

this one is our second Time Out , first was a 1985 model we drug all over creation ..

Never any issues

We bought some self inflating camping beds from REI, the thickest ones they sell and they work great, much better than an air mattress.

(Threadstarter)

Re: Timeout Campers my Reasons.

Lots of Talk about Camping trailers, H
    ere is why I purchased and then became a dealer for Timeout Trailers......I liked the fact that you are completly off the ground, setup is fast and simple, The quality is very good, and the attention to details was first rate (Air Conditioner vent) (Zip through to Cooler so you don't have to go outside to get into your cooler) (Rain Ridge poles for when it really rains hard) (side pockets sewn into the fabric to hold items) and a large array of Options......and to why I became a dealer for Timeout Trailers, I met the owners,they are a family owned business in Elkhart Indiana, Americans by birth and employ several workers who by the way have been with the company for many years, and like the people they work for, they Stand behind their products and have always been concerned about customer service being a top priority. I am not saying that other campers are no good, I think it is up to each individual to check out all the brands and to dismiss salesmen who are fast talkers and their only concern is to talk you into something you don't need or want, only you and you alone know what is the best Camper for you and your lifestyle.
    Last edited by lytle1gw; 08-31-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: advertizing