Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timeout Campers

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Smile Re: Timeout Campers

Quote Originally Posted by git 'r done View Post
    i have a couple questions for you timeout owners....

I am looking at getting a trailer & the timeout is one that i'm looking at.

Had anyone ever had any problems with the floor bending or the hinges bending under the weight of a person or 2 standing on the floor/lid? I am a large guy (250lbs) & would be worried about things bending over time.

I did email timeout & they stated that the floor is made to handle 2 people at 250 lbs each... But i'd rather hear from actual owners than a salesperson.

How quick can 1 person set this tent up?? Again, i'd rather hear the truth from an actual user rather than a salesman - we all know that the salesmen stretch the truth a little bit
    i weight 250 myself wife weights well cann't tell ya but no issues with us on the bed. We hada bad storm one night rocked a tad but did not leak and was good to go. Our tent was a nightmire in a storm so i love my timeout

2014 Ultra Classic Limited
    www.mrclean28.smugmug.com
    U.S. Army Retired

SCRC Borderline member mrclean28h's Avatar

Re: Timeout Campers

Quote Originally Posted by tsigwing View Post
    We bought some self inflating camping beds from REI, the thickest ones they sell and they work great, much better than an air mattress.
    dO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THEM INSIDE THE TIMEOUT CAMPER PLEASE

Re: Timeout Campers

I have the Time Out Easy camp. I prefer it over the larger version with the dance hall and bar in it. But, it is all in your style of camping. If you set up and stay for a couple of weeks, or do lots of entertaining when you camp, then the larger version makes sense and pack along all the add a room packages. The wife and I spend 3-4 weeks each summer and seldom stay in the same place for more than 1 night. This is why the easy camp best suits us as there is more storage, less weight, and less canvas to manipulate.

I really don't notice it all that much when towing, but find it is a nice counter balance for coming out of corners. I've hauled it through a lot of the meca bike runs like the Gap and not sure if I could run them any harder without the trailer.
    Miles are like wrinkles...I put on more every year.
    My Hair is White, My Neck is Red, My Collar is Blue

Kyle