Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Timeout Campers

Timeout Campers

For whatever its worth.....I have a Timeout Camper and I like the idea of being completly off the ground, fast setup and lots of room, also the folks at Timeout are very good people and are one of the oldest camper companys around started in 1976 I belive, so I know they will be here whenever I need them.
    It is one of the Smallest Campers when rolling down the Road and the Biggest when setup at camp 14.5'..........
    Now having said all that any Camper that you have that does what you want and expect, fits into your price range and keeps you warm and dry with reasonable comfort is a good camper here is a link if you care to see the Timeout Camper
    Last edited by lytle1gw; 08-31-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Timeout Campers

Quote Originally Posted by ravenshield1941 View Post
    For whatever its worth.....I have a Timeout Camper and I like the idea of being completly off the ground, fast setup and lots of room, also the folks at Timeout are very good people and are one of the oldest camper companys around started in 1976 I belive, so I know they will be here whenever I need them.
    It is one of the Smallest Campers when rolling down the Road and the Biggest when setup at camp 14.5'..........
    Now having said all that any Camper that you have that does what you want and expect, fits into your price range and keeps you warm and dry with reasonable comfort is a good camper here is a link if you care to see the Timeout Camper
    Yep, We love our Timeout for these very reasons. We also got it from this person. Pretty funny guy and he had my Timeout already assembled for me when I got there to pick it up!!! Can't beat that..

Dave
    Last edited by lytle1gw; 08-31-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    Dave
    2014 HD Street Glide Special

Re: Timeout Campers

Just spent 3 weeks out west with our timeout. Loved it. Greatest purchase I have made in many years.

(Threadstarter)

Harly-Dave:
    Sorry I missed your comment,Thanks for the kind words, it was great meeting you and the wife and I am glad that you are enjoying your "Timeout Camper" and if I can be of any help just give me a call 1-520-396-9702 .........Ray

Merry Christmas

I like my Timeout also but I have the Slipstream, bigger trailer, nothing more than a bed with lots of cargo space. It pulls easy and sets up very fast. For just me it is the cat's meow.
    We ride because we can .... Victory Hammer with Trans Moto Sidecar, Kompact Kamp Mini Mate

I have a couple questions for you TimeOut owners....

I am looking at getting a trailer & the TimeOut is one that i'm looking at.

Had anyone ever had any problems with the floor bending or the hinges bending under the weight of a person or 2 standing on the floor/lid? I am a large guy (250lbs) & would be worried about things bending over time.

I did email TimeOut & they stated that the floor is made to handle 2 people at 250 lbs each... But I'd rather hear from actual owners than a salesperson.

How quick can 1 person set this tent up?? Again, I'd rather hear the truth from an actual user rather than a salesman - we all know that the salesmen stretch the truth a little bit

I've watched every video I could about the Timeout and Solace campers. Openroadoutfitters.com has a great video showing a 1 person setup. He claims a complete unhurried setup from kickstand down to erected is ~ 10 min. If it's about to rain, he can half that or less by hurrying. The setup vids I've seen I think that's a bit longer than it would take once you got the hang of it. Because of the way it's set up, if you have 2 ppl you could easily do it in 5 or 6, since you wouldn't have to go from side to side during setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Git 'R Done View Post
    I have a couple questions for you TimeOut owners....

I am looking at getting a trailer & the TimeOut is one that i'm looking at.

Had anyone ever had any problems with the floor bending or the hinges bending under the weight of a person or 2 standing on the floor/lid? I am a large guy (250lbs) & would be worried about things bending over time.

I did email TimeOut & they stated that the floor is made to handle 2 people at 250 lbs each... But I'd rather hear from actual owners than a salesperson.

How quick can 1 person set this tent up?? Again, I'd rather hear the truth from an actual user rather than a salesman - we all know that the salesmen stretch the truth a little bit
    I find my Timeout very easy to set up. Have to be careful when first opening the top as it is kind of heavy for one person. Actual setup goes pretty quick especially with 2 people. Less than 5 minutes I would say. The floors are very solid as long you have the trailer up on its legs. Very little or no movement when walking inside.

Dave

I don't have 1 but was able to see Beemmeup's trailer last summer..it is awesome!

Just to throw in my $.02....I had looked for a number of years to purchase a trailer...my initial trailer was a HF with a carrier that we used for a couple of years..but then we decided to get off the ground. I happened across a Bunkhouse trailer on EBay (used of course...a 1988 model). Got it for $600 and just recently replaced the tent portion. I keep looking at new models..but this one is a keeper I think!! All the camping trailers look great..
    2008 GL1800-HPNA with 30,000+ miles
    1988 BunkHouse camper
    Darkside #1720