Thread: Jemez Falls Campground, Jemez Springs, NM

Jemez Falls Campground, Jemez Springs, NM

This is a campground controlled by Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Ranger District. The fee was ten bucks. Campsites were level for the most-part and spaced nicely (not too crowded). Vault toilets. Lots of trees and you are up around 7500 to 8000 ft. altitude, so bundle up even on summer mornings. Jemez Springs is the nearest town, but Los Alamos is down the road the other way.....so both places can supply eats and such. Rt 4 comes off US 550 and winds through some lovely country with makes it a nice bike ride anyway. It could serve as a base for rides in the area too. There are several other campgrounds near, which have been closed at times recently for renovations ...Here is a link for campgrounds.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/sfe/recreati...x.html#camping

I was there in early May, and the campground was open (April 15-October 15), but the water was not yet turned on because of the temps. Be forewarned about weekends there as sometimes locals (read that young locals) tend to party up there and make some racket, but during the week is pretty quiet.

(Threadstarter)

Re: Jemez Falls Campground, Jemez Springs, NM

As an update: I understand there was a fire in that area a few weeks ago. I'll head up that way soon to check on the current condition of the campground.