Thread: camping fan

camping fan

Walmart has a a/c fan that is no bigger than a softball, all metal,super quiet that moves a lot of air for it's size. It is perfect for a tent at a campsite with electric and it costs $6.

Re: camping fan

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Walmart has a a/c fan that is no bigger than a softball, all metal,super quiet that moves a lot of air for it's size. It is perfect for a tent at a campsite with electric and it costs $6.
    A/C ?? Maybe a just fan for that...
    2014 Ultra Limited, 2017 RAH, 2006 Kompact Kamp
    ABATE, HOG, IBMC,
    VVA, VFW, American Legion, NRA

I think he means AC, alternating current or a fan to move the air from the air conditioner.

I bought 3 fans from Amazon. All are battery powered with 'D' cells. 1 is a light and fan that hangs in the center of my tent. There are not a lot of options Hi/Lo fan and On/Off for the light. The other 2 are just fans.

Fans ... Gotta love 'em ... They take up very little realestate in a camper while traveling, and they weigh next to nothing, yet move enough air to keep most people comfortable on a hot summer night ...

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

I've been using a OC-Cool 10" fan. It uses D cell batteries or can be plugged in. Surprisingly the batteries lasted for several weekend camping trips. $30 at Target.

Jeff
    2005 Yamaha RoadStar 1700 * 2006 Neosho Starlight Model 19 Tag-Trailer * 2009 Kompact Kamp Mini-Mate

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    I think he means AC, alternating current or a fan to move the air from the air conditioner.
    After re-reading the post, I think you're right. I just always associate AC with Air Conditioning...

For those of us who travel uber-light, I've been using this Coleman Zephyr Mini-Fan for years. It's been a real lifesaver, especially when you're camping in hot weather and you just want to take a nap or get to sleep but it's just too hot to do so.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Compan...an+camping+fan

I wrap a heavy rubber band around it and, with a small carabiner s-clip, hang in the tent where it will blow at me. Turn it on (watch you don't get your fingers in the blades...It'll smart a bit, I know from experience ...and you're good to go. I've found that the batteries will last long enough to keep me cool until the night-time temperatures kick in, but I always bring a couple of spares just in case.

It's dirt cheap, takes up no room at all, and you can find them almost anywhere.
    I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines.

Here is a link to what I bought a little on the larger side but ultra light quiet and best of all either 18v battery powered or 120v ac
    Already own 18v cordless tools from Ridgid so I figured it would get used either camping or around the house.
    So far have used in hpme more it move lots of air!!
    https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/gen5x-hybrid-fan
    2013 goldwing f6b 2014 mm camper 2013 Toyota Tundra 2 door 4x4 2012 Toyota yaris 5 door