Thread: Big Oak River Campground (Camp Wood,Tx)

All miles are good miles tankereng's Avatar

Big Oak River Campground (Camp Wood,Tx)

Outstanding Campground!

Pool, Cabins, Tent Sites w/water&Electric, Driving Range, Showers, Store, River Access...
    '14 GL1800
    --------------------------------------------
    No-Mar Tire Changer

Re: Big Oak River Campground (Camp Wood,Tx)

We had quite a storm blow through the campground last night. Lots wind, little rain, some thunder and lightening. Here's a shot of the 2 Bunkhouses and Khris and Carole. Khris's unit got moved about a foot and Carole and I moved 1 1/2" in last night's breezes!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0008 (2).JPG  

Never been there or even heard of it before. Sounds like a nice place. Gotta get out there.

We rode thru Camp Wood last Sunday, got to meet the local Constable on the road from Rocksprings. He clocked us at 78 in a 55 and let me go because I look so sweet and innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    We rode thru Camp Wood last Sunday, got to meet the local Constable on the road from Rocksprings. He clocked us at 78 in a 55 and let me go because I look so sweet and innocent!
    Charm works every time...well almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Never been there or even heard of it before. Sounds like a nice place. Gotta get out there.

Or was it your Fireman credentials???!!! LOL Mike, this campgound is huge and some sites are right down near the Nueces River.

looks like the tent area just across from cabin #8 have stayed there before aand it is a beautiful campground and the people who run it are great