Thread: isaack creek c/g monroeville al.

isaack creek c/g monroeville al.

part of the US Army COE alabama river system. located where isaac creek dumps into the alabama river. this a quiet c/g way off the beaten path. by that i mean you had better take everything you might think you'll need in with you. it's about a 20 mile round trip to the closest store. but the store is well stocked and has a little grill for to go orders.
    the c/g is really nice, clean restrooms with heat and air, lots of firewood layin around but what i liked the most, some of the sites along the creek had private boatdocks. sweet. made for a good place to relax after a long day of ridin.
    monroeville is about 20 miles down the road, the noval "to kill a mocking bird" was set in this town. you can tour the old courthouse from the story.stayed here feb. 2011
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   005.jpg   001.jpg   011.jpg   008.jpg  

Last edited by thatdude; 04-05-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add dates

Re: isaack creek c/g monroeville al.

Again with the nicely cut wood. Impressive.

Why no iron skillet?

I see eggs on the table. Do you buy for just the time that you are staying, or do you pack those with you as you travel? If so, how/where do you pack those?

(Threadstarter)

iron skillet's too heavy and i haul the eggs around. surprisin how well they hold up in a plastic bag hangin off the sissy bar

Do you think it is better to keep them in the carton than in a plastic egg protector? I'm thinking maybe the carton is softer and helps them handle the road bumps better.

Do you put any elastic bands around the carton, or just in the bag? And how do you hang the bag?

Ever any problems with our furry friends messing with the egg bag overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude View Post
    iron skillet's too heavy and i haul the eggs around. surprisin how well they hold up in a plastic bag hangin off the sissy bar
    I agree an iron skillet would be too heavy...but a plastic bag of eggs....hmmmm....

Oh heck just put them in a canvas bag behind the heads and they will be hard boiled by the time you get to camp, course its hard to pre season.
    Gary

2005 Honda VTX 1800,2001 Honda Shadow VLX, 1970 Honda Passport 70
    2013 Ural Patrol -1989 Holsclaw cargo
    MOPH, American Legion, NRA
    IBMC,UMCI,ADV,PGR
    sold 1981 Honda Goldwing 1100
    sold 2005 Electra Glide
    sold 1974 Yamaha 500DHC
    sold 1978 Yamaha Enduro 175
    sold 1970 Honda trail 70
    sold 1965 Honda 100

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by VABob View Post
    Do you think it is better to keep them in the carton than in a plastic egg protector? I'm thinking maybe the carton is softer and helps them handle the road bumps better.

Do you put any elastic bands around the carton, or just in the bag? And how do you hang the bag?

Ever any problems with our furry friends messing with the egg bag overnight?
    i've got one of those plastic deals, but they're not made for extra large eggs. i've had more broken eggs with it than the carton. just doubble bag 'em hang the sissy bar. then i hang my canteen over , that keeps 'em from blowin off. i hang bread and eggs from the lantern post or a tree overnight with a bungee.