Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bohn Protective Gear???

Re: Bohn Protective Gear???

I am not exactly known for my 'Sartorial Elegance' at camp. Comfort and function go a long ways with me. The more I think about these, the more I think they would be 'day ride' protection ...not the long term kind.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

I've looked at those before as well and I concluded I was better off sticking to either one of my armoured mesh, or textile riding pants(and matching jacket) with a pair of either compression shorts/pants, nylon convertible pants/shorts, or a pair of sweats underneath, to suit conditions.
    Functionality and comfort is my priority over 'fashion', especially when spending long hours in the saddle.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    I've looked at those before as well and I concluded I was better off sticking to either one of my armoured mesh, or textile riding pants(and matching jacket) with a pair of either compression shorts/pants, nylon convertible pants/shorts, or a pair of sweats underneath, to suit conditions.
    Functionality and comfort is my priority over 'fashion', especially when spending long hours in the saddle.

Dusty
    One could also add a pair of knee pads from a hardware store (which I found to be more comfortable than the ones built in to the Bohn's) for about 5 bucks.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

Sidecars Rule! ☺

When I bought my son his first motorcycle, a Yamaha GT80, his mother insisted on riding gear that we couldn't find small enough for him, or it was too expensive since he would outgrow it too fast.
    She discovered she could buy CE foam replacement stuff for next to nothing. She sewed inverted pockets over the knees and hips of his jeans, inserted the pads, and velcroed them shut. She then did a short zipper on each leg for his boots.
    She did inverted pockets, to keep dirt and sand out, but also to eliminate the temptation to carry something in the pocket and defeat it's purpose.
    You can buy a full set of pants pads from Tourtech or Joe Rocket, or even Aerostich for around $30 or $40 today.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and Blue View Post
    Ironhead; You were great camp decor (kind of like arm candy). Those pics of you are just proof of how darn exhausted we were at the end of most days riding in Alaska! It was a quest, and those pictures are kind of like your trophies!

Colleen
    You're too kind Colleen!

I was thinking I looked more like a green elephant!

I remember catching a cat nap here!

I'd sure like to pack up and check out the southern parts of Alaska. Ah, someday.........
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster