Thread: ute lake state park, logan, n.m.

ute lake state park, logan, n.m.

did a one night stand here.didn't unpack, slept on the table. no shade, wide open camping area, vault toilets , didn't check the bath house and no fire rings, just grills. other than that, it was fine. had a good burger and a beer in the village (thats what they called it) of logan. i recall the dinner cost more than the campsite. stayed here aug 2009
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 085.jpg   086.jpg   087.jpg  
    Last edited by thatdude; 04-05-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add dates

Re: ute lake state park, logan, n.m.

One night stopover in June 2013 on my way back to Dallas. The Windy Point campground was closed (according to their web site it's still closed a/o June 2015). The Zia campground was fully occupied by some sort of church group or something, the Yucca campground is all tightly spaced RV pullthrough sites, not appealing at all so I opted for the primitive Rogers campground. There are no camp sites per se, just a large dirt parking area with a portapotty in the middle. I picked a spot on a small cliff overlooking the lake, a few steps below the parking lot and threw my tent down. There was no one else there except a couple of local teenaged boys in a beat up old pickup. They had some hot dogs grilling on a barbeque grill in the back of the truck and offered me some. The only thing I had to offer in return was a cold Corona for each of them out of my ice cooler. They accepted but i got the feeling is was the first beer they'd ever drank... Hopefully I didn't corrupt them too bad. Later that night about a dozen or so of their little friends joined them but they mostly kept at the other end of the grounds and didn't bother me. I heard one of their girlfriends comment "Can he put his tent there?" I think the little cliff I camped on might have been their normal party spot, it would be a good place to dive into the lake from. Their party died down about 11pm and except for it being a little on the warm side I slept pretty good the rest of the night.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130612_182735_E Tucumcari Blvd.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	528.8 KB 
ID:	16257

Re: ute lake state park, logan, n.m.

Interesting site....thought it kinda funny seeing Dan's thread,being he is deceased but realized u must have just added to it..his pics will help make the memory of his camping rides live on..thanx!