Thread: hillman's ferry c/g land between the lakes ky

hillman's ferry c/g land between the lakes ky

one the nicest and most policed campgrounds i've ever stayed in. the sites are plenty roomy and they're not jammed together. theres like 380 somethin' sites or some ungodly number. that explains the tight security. its like a city in there, but it runs smoothly. laundry facilities, good showers, swimming beach. they have primitive sites but i got one with power to charge my batteries. site 57. good site, in a corner so there was plenty of firewood around, close to beach, water spigot and bathroom. national forest service c/g. stayed here july 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   010.jpg   004.jpg  

Last edited by thatdude; 04-05-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: add dates

Re: hillman's ferry c/g land between the lakes ky

OMG!!!!!! I LOVE that place too! Been there awhile back and I took lots of pics...stayed at Piney campground there which is actually in Tenn..LOVED the Trace too! Carcamped BTW but would LOVE to go via bike someday!! Check out my pics in 3 albums entitled LBL,KY at http://community.webshots.com/user/giggs108 Linda

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

This is a great place to camp, the wife and I have stayed there. If you want more primitive, one of my favorites is Craven's Bay on Lake Barkley. It does have a few miles of gravel to get into the sites though if that's a concern.
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Yep I was by there too! Just an all around great place to go!