Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: desert view c/g grand canyon

desert view c/g grand canyon

this is a campground every rider should stay. it's like 25 miles from the main village with no showers or hookups, so its mostly tent campers. the views are , well, i have no words.you must see them for yourself. go to the rim at night,you won't regret it. camped here aug 2009
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 160.jpg   155.jpg   004.jpg  
    Last edited by thatdude; 04-05-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: add dates

Re: desert view c/g grand canyon

man u should have given me a hollar i'm from s.carolina and now live in phx and would have loved to meet a fellow southerner at the canyon to hear some home town talk...i went two weeks ago to the north rim and camped on the edge of the canyon...next time yell at me...

Cool I've never been to the Grand Canyon but I'll check out that site if I ever go or should I say when I do go.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

That is the finest view I have ever seen from a campground. I'm like Trailace, WHEN I go there, I have to try that site.
    '06 DL650 V-Strom

I'll have to check that area out if I can ever get outta Canada! HAHA!! Love travelling and camping by bike but finances are not there for long trips right now...POUT!!!!

I've been telling my wife for 20 years I want to see the Grand Canyon. I'll be going soon and I'll stay here.

Thanks, Guy
    My pics page: http://picasaweb.google.com/mrguy001

2003 Suzuki DR 650, The touring model.

In 2006 my better half, myself, and another couple ended up in Desert View by chance. We had reservations at the North Rim but that was the summer of the fires. So we went to the So. rim since the other couple had never been before and I for sure wanted to go back. We entered the park by the D.V. campground and the ranger at the gate said the main campground was full so we stayed at D.V. After a great supper. they are always great when camping, I put some cold beer in our little cooler and we all made our way to a very scenic and quiet spot right there on the rim. We sat there till dark soaking it all in. God had to smile when he created that unbelievable place. An evening like that is what makes trips so special and memorable. You will be planning your next trip before you get home, wanting to go back for more.

It was a nice campground, no showers, but we took our stuff and took showers at the other c/g after a day of visiting the views along the rim.

Ride Safe, Joe

(Threadstarter)

never seen so many stars

Desert View is just awesome. The other end of the park is a zoo of rv's.

thatdude are you still around ? You post some incredible pics, and I'm curious how your Harley held up with all those travels.