Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: desert view c/g grand canyon

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Re: desert view c/g grand canyon

Quote Originally Posted by ncmedic View Post
    thatdude are you still around ? You post some incredible pics, and I'm curious how your Harley held up with all those travels.
    Unfortunately, Dan suffered from inoperable liver disease and while on his way home from what was to be his last camping trip, he was involved in a bike accident which took his life a few years back!
    Last edited by Dusty Boots; 06-27-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: details of Dan's passing
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

I had read so many of his post and admired his photos over the years and wanting to tell him so...I also found out about his passing from Dusty. Miss him without even knowing him...must have been quiet an adventurous fellow.

DAmn, I was right there with you. Guess I will just need to step up my game and try and post as good of pictures as he was able to get!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    Unfortunately, Dan suffered from inoperable liver disease and while on his way home from what was to be his last camping trip, he was involved in a bike accident which took his life a few years back!
    I had no idea, I love looking at his pics and would've loved to chat with him. Thanks for the info.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Wish the info was more positive!

Dan and me were supposed to hook up to head west on a trip in 2011,but I sprained my left foot badly then had other stuff which needed surgery...so we never made that trip..he was an awesome peep and has left behind a small family who loved him very much. He left us doing what he loved most. AND left behind some awesome campground reviews and pics!

I'm sure he would/does have a smile on his face sensing all the good vibs and compliments coming up from us down here....and every word spoken about him has been nothing but favorable....If only I could be so fortunate.