Thread: Ponderosa Campground, Cody, Wyoming

Ponderosa Campground, Cody, Wyoming

We stayed in the Ponderosa campground in downtown Cody for one night last week. We were very tired and just wanted a place to crash. The main tent area was very near to the main road going through Cody and is where we camped. (there is also a tent area located down a very steep gully at the back of the campground) Although our tents were close to the road it actually quieted down very reasonably after 10 pm and was quiet until about 7 am. Not a bad experience at all, but not very rustic ...

Price was about $20 and included hot showers ... not bad. Be forewarned that this place does not take plastic ... only cash or personal check. It is rather convenient to downtown is a healthy walk to main street dining and bars and such.

Re: Ponderosa Campground, Cody, Wyoming

Thanks for the recommendation. We'll be there in a week for a couple of days.
    Tim in Burien, WA
    '03 GL1800A, '08 WR250R, '01 ST1100, '05 R1200GS (sleeping in Germany)
    '92 Kwik Kamp, '01 Escapade

I have stayed at this campground several times. It is in walking distance to the CODY Museum

My wife and I stayed in the main campground for one night ,last summer on our way to the west coast. It is convinunt to down town Cody,and is why we stayed for the night. We found several federal campsites just outside of town, that were much more private and only cost $10.00 a night,and $5.00 a night if you have the senior pass.

I've camped there a couple of times nice place to stay and located close to several amenities. I like to stay down in the lower level of the campground. Nice little stream running along the side of the camping spots and less noise then up top near the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20160724_204910562 (2).jpg  
    "Sappers Lead the Way"
    US Army (Retired) Combat Engineer

Here's a new campground opening this year in that neck of the woods.

http://wowmccg.com/

Kar650 I saw that the other day. It's west of Cody a little closer to Yellowstone.

Quote Originally Posted by kar650 View Post
    Here's a new campground opening this year in that neck of the woods.

http://wowmccg.com/
    Looks like a nice place to check out this summer.
    GL1800 & KLR650 Mine 2009 Rollahome
    GL1800 & GL1500 & XR650L Hers
    IBA #66870