Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple and quick or not so quick....

Re: Simple and quick or not so quick....

Mr. Guy wrote; HaHa, I hate coffee, but that's still funny.

What's funny? Sounds like a very good start of the Day. You can smell the Bacon and eggs a few campsites over. Just sit and poke a stick at the fire from last night. Go pee again and pour another cup. Ahhhh,,, just great time of day.
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Quote Originally Posted by Clamper View Post
    Mr. Guy wrote; HaHa, I hate coffee, but that's still funny.

What's funny? Sounds like a very good start of the Day. You can smell the Bacon and eggs a few campsites over. Just sit and poke a stick at the fire from last night. Go pee again and pour another cup. Ahhhh,,, just great time of day.
    ahh Mr.Guy must be one of those pinky finger stickin straight out tea sippin types they never understand coffee around the campfire in the dew of the morning lmoa

2004 FLHTC 1982 FLHP 1974 CB360 1996 Kwik-Kamp
    Life Member ABATE
    Helmet Free since 1979

Quote Originally Posted by G wizz View Post
    Nope! ... He ain't one of those ... You can take my word for it ...

G wizz
    shhhhhhh I'm trying to yank his chain ...........LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    2slim, Your breakfast while camping sounds a lot like mine. Im a breakfast person. Love bacon and eggs with hash browns on the side. I've said it many times. Camping requires the smell of bacon in the morning.

Easy to pack along and easy to prepare. Coffee is alway's the first thing to get going and only takes about 3 minutes for my little espresso maker to put out a GREAT cup of coffee.

Pre-baking a potato or two makes for a great addition to eggs or cutup and added to a scramble.

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d59/ownst1100/DSCN7490.jpg[/IMG

Breakfast: The most important meal of the day.

WOW, that is quite a set-up you have there. My bro saw you at the BMW rally a few weeks ago and has been talking about your camp kitchen ever since!
    uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ןן,ı

1940 Indian Scout "Peaches"

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF61 View Post
    ahh Mr.Guy must be one of those pinky finger stickin straight out tea sippin types they never understand coffee around the campfire in the dew of the morning lmoa

LOL. No, I hate tea too.

Dang Keith, those pics are making me hungry. I'll take the smell of BACON in the morning any day.

Guy
    My pics page: http://picasaweb.google.com/mrguy001

2003 Suzuki DR 650, The touring model.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guy View Post
    LOL. No, I hate tea too.

Dang Keith, those pics are making me hungry. I'll take the smell of BACON in the morning any day.

Guy
    hmmmmmm hates coffee hates tea..............hmmmmm well must be hangin out with the lil ole blue haired ladys then

I've been hanging out with Black and Blue, Gwizz and Trailace the most this year.

Is that what you meant?

Guy

I love your stove setup! I have a coleman grill with 1 burner..love that thing for carcamping but have yet to find what i really want to pack for bikecamping..that topper thing is ideal for not having to watch those burner thingies so closely..i used 1 of those once and the wind blew my pot off the burner and have not been impressed with those types of burners because of that experience..great if you have a leisurelite or something to store that thing in...

Indianscout wrote about Blues Traveler's camp setup:

WOW, that is quite a set-up you have there. My bro saw you at the BMW rally a few weeks ago and has been talking about your camp kitchen ever since!
    Yeah I have been coveting Blues Traveler's grill for some time now.
    Also, I'm hungry and the photos of your breakfast are killing me, BT.

I agree BT, Breakfast: The most important meal of the day.

Yeah, coffee is the first thing on our morning list, also.

BT, if you are ever in the John Day, OR country, let's do breakfast.

Okay... I like oatmeal and berries and waffles every other day.. any ideas what I can get to make waffles that does not add too much weight and take up much space? As much as I love eggs, i will not eat them every day and only every other day..eggbeaters are okay for carcamping but I don't want to tote alot of stuff that needs a cooler.. I have thought about using a very small beer box cooler bag but wonder if it would keep stuff cool enough for a day of riding.....then ya need to use ice...not fussy about that either.....any ideas?