Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Simple and quick or not so quick....

Re: Simple and quick or not so quick....

The crux of fried spam is the golden brown, crunchy edges. Wanna increase that? Take a single flat cheese grater with you, the kind with a handle, (looks like a paddle). Stores flat, and it's light.

Grate your Spam into a pan and fry it. When it's almost perfectly brown, dump in scrambled eggs. (We use a square plastic coffee creamer container for our eggs. Peel the label off. Crack 2 eggs in. Mark it with a marker. Repeat for how ever many eggs you'll need for your trip, the smaller ones hold a dozen eggs easy).

Sprinkle cheese, chives, green onions, spinach, whatever, and fold it over for a killer omelet!

Or a scrambled eggs and Spam sandwich with ketchup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7e929b2f1196035f9fc8b4a98afd74df.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	20770
    We're slow, and like to go old!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Mmmmm, I think I'm going to fix option 1 here in about 10 minutes, you've got me hungry!

If I'm traveling day to day it's hard to beat instant oatmeal, quick and easy and hits the spot.
    Plus 1

Quote Originally Posted by sixbennetts View Post
    The crux of fried spam is the golden brown, crunchy edges. Wanna increase that? Take a single flat cheese grater with you, the kind with a handle, (looks like a paddle). Stores flat, and it's light.

Grate your Spam into a pan and fry it. When it's almost perfectly brown, dump in scrambled eggs. (We use a square plastic coffee creamer container for our eggs. Peel the label off. Crack 2 eggs in. Mark it with a marker. Repeat for how ever many eggs you'll need for your trip, the smaller ones hold a dozen eggs easy).

Sprinkle cheese, chives, green onions, spinach, whatever, and fold it over for a killer omelet!

Or a scrambled eggs and Spam sandwich with ketchup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7e929b2f1196035f9fc8b4a98afd74df.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	20770
    Sounds delicious to me. Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try!

After all this posting about Spam, I made a trip to the store this morning. Spam, fresh lettice, and tomatoes with some Hawaiian sweet bread. I'm making Spam Lettice and Tomato sandwiches for lunch. Can't wait!

I also bought some bacon for comparison. Perhaps tomorrow.
    Moto Tent Camping since 1995 via a 1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 and my 1982 Honda GL500 Interstate Silverwing

"He Who Would Travel Happily Must Travel Light" - Antoine De St. Exupery

Spam was never seen in our house growing up. My Dad apparently lived on the stuff while in Europe WW II.

I have a simple breakfast of coffee, fruit and yogurt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3143-1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	20805
    Joe L.
    Bath, NY & Susquehanna, PA

Future camping is going to be interesting 4 me.. I quit drinking coffee in January after I quit using sugar in it..figured if I quit sugar in it may as well quit coffee too. so I drink herbal teas now more than I used to. Trying to eat better too.. only eat 3 eggs a week no bacon but I do eat 1/2 a sausage in my huge 1 egg samich every other day!

Quote Originally Posted by motojo View Post
    I have a simple breakfast of coffee, fruit and yogurt.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3143-1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	20805
    When I was training heavily for endurance sports, that was my staple breakfast. But because I needed a bit more carbs for energy, I'd mix dry oatmeal into the Yogurt, let it sit for 10 minutes so the Oatmeal sort of "cooked" and then ate it with a Banana. Delicious and nutritious.

If I happen to have Yogurt with me, I still will do that at camp. Oatmeal mixed into Yogurt with a Banana with Coffee. The issue is, because of lack of space on the bike, my "cooler" is one of those neoprene lunch bags with a couple of freezer packs. I do need my skim milk for coffee, so that does not leave much room for Yogurt cups, but I do try and travel with a cup or two of Yogurt.

I have not been eating bananas BUT after getting leg cramps during swimming I have returned to eating 1 a day before I go to the pool..leg cramps..DONE! AND I am taking extra magnesium,that helps too!