Thread: Mt Shasta KOA

Mt Shasta KOA

KOA right in town (Bus. I-5) but you'd never know it ('cept for the trains nearby)
    A nicely wooded camp with fire rings and tables. Camp fee=$19. Firewood=$8 (but it's dry and has kindling)
    All the usual KOA amenities.
    Don D on CB750sc
    Often followed by
    a '90 Bushtec

Re: Mt Shasta KOA

Stayed one night in early August 2017 and enjoyed the site, even had a view of Shasta.
    Priced is up $33.60 + $8.00 for Firewood
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20170810_174008730b.jpg   IMG_20170810_170953582_HDRb.jpg  
    Sam

Good ole KOA? All you want to do is pitch a tent on their dirt and they think they have gold. Not all but most are involved in legal stealing. Too bad, most are nice places, they just want to much for their dirt.

I spent one night there in Aug 2016. The camp was clean and nice, but there was a forest fire about 30 miles northwest of the campground and it smoked up the campground pretty bad.
    Rick B
    NE Oregon
    Freedom Cruisers Riding Club
    Patriot Guard

We used to camp on the back side of Mt. Shasta forest service area off of 89 and ride over to Bartle's where they had a camp area, restaurant, and coin operated showers for a quarter. I recommend getting a couple extra tokens unless your fast.
    Honda Goldwing
    '04 Titanium ABS Double Darksider
    Member - E. CLAMPUS VITUS
    IBA, NRA, Elks, Free Gazer, and a couple others

Quote Originally Posted by martyblok View Post
    Good ole KOA? All you want to do is pitch a tent on their dirt and they think they have gold. Not all but most are involved in legal stealing. Too bad, most are nice places, they just want to much for their dirt.
    Took the long was around on a trip from Northern Idaho to Nashville, Tenn. In Wisconsin I pulled into a KOA run by a single mom and her two kids.

She recommended I put the RAH in the tent area ($8) vs. an RV site. And I could use the electrics from an adjacent power pole.

Fill

’94 GL 1500 SE Extras: SIRUS Satellite Radio, Garmin GPS, SADDLEMAN Road Sofa and Touring Luggage, Touring Floodlights, Multiple Deer Whistles.
    Pulling an ’80 Eagle 1 Trailer or ’12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA