Thread: Harris Beach State Campground

Thumbs up Harris Beach State Campground

I've stayed here twice as a "passing through" camp. The tent sites are each surrounded by a rock wall for privacy and are keyhole shaped. A fire ring and a table at each. No store or ice. Firewood from the camp host=$4. Camp fee=$17.
    Just north of Brookings OR on hwy 101. Nice
    Last edited by DonD; 06-24-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    Don D on CB750sc
    Often followed by
    a '90 Bushtec

Re: Harris Beach State Campground

Somehow I missed this posting. I saw the heading of Harris Beach State Campground in the featured artical section and it jogged my memory.

I too stayed here as a passing through camp spot for the night in July of 07' Was one of the cleanest and memorable campgrounds of my trip The place was just awsome. I even took a hike down to the beach in the afternoon. Oregon state campgrounds were some of the best i've seen and visited.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

Re: Harris Beach State Campground

I've only camped there once, just for a Saturday night, back in May of '99. Might have even been Memorial weekend, as the campground was about full. Noisy campers sort of ruined an otherwise good experience.

The park and shore area are beautiful, and a hike along the coast and to the top of some of the huge rocks along the beach was a nice way to end the day. Bring your camera if you're there around sunset.

I can recommend the S.P. for camping, though it might be wise to avoid summer weekends, if quiet and solitude are important.

Since it was my first journey to the area, from there I proceded north along the coast. The Dunes N.R.A, Cobra Lilies, Sea Lion Caves, Hacenta Lighthouse, and Devil's Churn are worth a visit.