Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my home made single wheel trailer

Lightbulb my home made single wheel trailer

here are a few pic's of a single wheel trailer i made ....I copied what another company makes..I made this one under 500 bucks U.S.A ..took it for 4 diffrent tests rides each one longer then the last ..working just like it should
    the box on it is made by rubbermaid and it's called a ActionPacker cargo box..comes in size's from 8 gal to 48 gal .. I went with the 48 gal ...I looked at the 35 gal but thought it was better to go big and down size later if I need to ...
    the shock is off one of my kids old mountain bikes rated for 750lbs
    the rear tire is from centrail tractor and the spindle is also...

we a 600 mile trip with this trailer cared all our grear ..it handle on the highway great.... ran at speed of 80mph most of the time got up to 95mph a couple times ..it ran strait and true behind the bike .. we had a 5 man tent, 2 sleeping bags,blankets,2 military cots,2 pillows, a lantern.a stove burner,tools for camping, 2 propane bottles, rope.power cord, and the fixings for morning Coffey...and it all stayed dry

VIDEOS>>>[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qeiKjzEiY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7qeiKjzEiY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzp6a8wlLjc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzp6a8wlLjc[/ame]

I hope you all like what I have done... I am going make some changes to it and will post more pic's when I do..

any ?????? please just ask ...

Thanks Ed

(Threadstarter)

Re: my home made single wheel trailer

I just want to say ..this is not my ideal... i copyed what other single wheel trailer conpanys do... I made my living as a welder/fabricator.. and still have friends with machine shops ..to help make the other parts I needed ..

Thanks Ed

FANTASTIC!

GREAT job Ed. I wish I could do the same hitch setup with my GS. That hitch is probably the reason you can do 95mph.

Once again, GREAT JOB! Got to love what you've done here.

Question: How and what did you use for a stand to hold the trailer up when not hooked up to the bike? One of the pictures shows it standing on its own. Im still trying to figure something out for mine.
    Keith R.
    Sun City, SoCal
    05' Honda GoldWing
    AKA ownst100 STOC 1211

Very nice...

Keith, look at the 1st and 2nd pics, you'll see a fold out stand.
    Joe (My Travels) 2014 Super Tenere

That is a pretty neat design!

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I like it! If you all keep posting trailer pics it may get me motivated to finally finish mine. Well maybe work at night as the heat index has been above 100 degrees the last few days.

Ed I'll probably have some questions about your axle mount in the future, if I ever get started on a hitch for the Strom
    Sarcasm: Just one of the many free services I provide.

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Excellent.

Have you counted how many donuts will fit in that ? This is important information ....
    ~Gruuvy:__"I can build that"

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Traveler View Post
    FANTASTIC!

GREAT job Ed. I wish I could do the same hitch setup with my GS. That hitch is probably the reason you can do 95mph.

Once again, GREAT JOB! Got to love what you've done here.

Question: How and what did you use for a stand to hold the trailer up when not hooked up to the bike? One of the pictures shows it standing on its own. Im still trying to figure something out for mine.
    thanks Blues.... I used bike kick stands that i got walmart and welded to the frame..http://www.walmart.com/ip/Alloy-Side-Kickstand/13012497

ED

The hitch is awsume .
    Would you need to grease the connection points as they still seem to have a bit of movement to them
    2014 Valkyrie Red the fastest color!
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    I like it! If you all keep posting trailer pics it may get me motivated to finally finish mine. Well maybe work at night as the heat index has been above 100 degrees the last few days.

Ed I'll probably have some questions about your axle mount in the future, if I ever get started on a hitch for the Strom
    np i can help...it's a piece of threaded rod ..that goes throught the axle and the pin's are like nut's that thread on to the threaded rod..
    so it very easy to remove..

Ed