Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eminence, Missouri..Alley Springs NPS

Eminence, Missouri..Alley Springs NPS

Alley Springs Federal Park... NPS Spent three nights in a no power site at $14 a night The section we were in had clean bathrooms and reasonably close.the showers were a little farther away and reasonably clean for a very busy memorial day weekend..almost hot water but was very busy Jack`s Fork river is there with canoeing and river float equipment for rent . Had a flat and got it repaired on Memorial day.There are miles and miles of 45 mph twisty roads in the area and lots of scenery!Quiet time is 10pm. til 6 am. and they were very friendly to us bikers ( but we were quiet bikers) sorry no pictures .........camera quit!
    2012 Limited Harley Davidson +09 Aspen classic
    ( WIFE MADE ME BUY THEM BOTH)
    The only time you can have too much fuel.............is if your on fire!
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

Re: Eminence, Missouri..Alley Springs NPS

This is almost too much to even tell,so I`m gonna shorten it.A little gas station in Eminence patched the tube! I didnt like it but after many phone calls, most were unanswered I had him patch it.......made it about 80 miles and the patch let go and slowly leaked down .we were at least now in a bigger town.....On tuesday I bought a new tire and tube... there is lots more to the story.The moral is........soon I will be carrying spare tubes with me!!So it was acually tuesday night before we got home
     ...to the topTop

Yep, spare tubes are the way to go. With my bike, I just lay it over on it's side to get the wheel off. I hear it's a LOT more involved with a bike like yours. How much time was involved in just getting the wheel off? Let alone replacing the tube.

Thinking about what I may want to ride a few years down the road.

Guy
    My pics page: http://picasaweb.google.com/mrguy001

2003 Suzuki DR 650, The touring model.
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

It takes about 10 minutes after you get it up. Its actually not too bad The more often you do it the faster you get....The real problem was We were in the middle of nowhere and it was Memorial day......NO ONE answers the phone!!
     ...to the topTop

One more, was it the front or rear you had the flat on? I've heard the rear is a pain to get off. Lot's of "extra" stuff has to come off first. Is that the case?

Guy
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

WELL ,it was the rear of course!
     ...to the topTop

I was thinking a tubeless system myself, but spoke wheels do look nice. I'm just not sure if they look nice enough to put up with the flat problems. A plug and a pump is a LOT easier than pulling the wheel, breaking it down, put in a new tube, put it back together, pump it up and re-install the wheel. So thought I'd ask how long it took.

Guy
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

When I ordered my bike another came in ahead of it ,so I took iteven though it had laced wheels...I knew what it meant but ...What the heck I never have flats....If i were ever gonna have another bike, I would not make that mistake again. A good plug kit and air supply looks real simple ...NOW!
     ...to the topTop

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan1551 View Post
    When I ordered my bike another came in ahead of it ,so I took iteven though it had laced wheels...I knew what it meant but ...What the heck I never have flats....If i were ever gonna have another bike, I would not make that mistake again. A good plug kit and air supply looks real simple ...NOW!
    I was thinking the same thing Dan, "How often do I get a flat on the interstate?" I was looking at a "standard" Road King when I bought mine, but the wife fell in love with the Classic they had setting there, so..................
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing Dan, "How often do I get a flat on the interstate?" I was looking at a "standard" Road King when I bought mine, but the wife fell in love with the Classic they had setting there, so..................
    That`s kinda how i got this ultra.....funny how that works.....Hey looks like were stuck at home for a couple of weeks Not gonna make it to HOGROCK again....... maybe next year!
     ...to the topTop