Thread: Mission Tejas State Park

Mission Tejas State Park

I ran across this delightful park while planning a short moto camping trip. Located in the Davey Crockett National Forest, Mission Tejas boasts 70 foot tal pine and hardwood trees. This is small park with large, beautiful camp sites. They are currently working on an expansion of the park, including an upgrade to the tent with water only sites.

Tent site with water and electric runs only $12 and they provided free firewood during my recent visit.

Highly recommended, along with some great roads in the neighborhood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01738.JPG   DSC01739.JPG   DSC01740.JPG  
    1987 BMW R80RT
     ...to the topTop

Re: Mission Tejas State Park

Looks good...good and empty. Is it just your picture or was the park empty? Nice setup. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
     ...to the topTop

That's a great park and if you want to do some back packing check out the Four C Trail in the same area.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”
     ...to the topTop

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Looks like a great park, but the bike is a beauty!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster
     ...to the topTop

(Threadstarter)

Thanks for your comments. The park was mostly empty when I arrived Thursday - there was a large trailer beyond the trees. Friday, the sites around me mostly filled up.

That BMW is my first, got it in Dec 2008. I've been a Yamaha guy (with a couple of other Japanese bikes) all my life, since 1970 anyways. Aside from getting familiar with German engineering, this airhead is a joy. Handles better and fits me better than any bike I've owned.
     ...to the topTop