Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tour Master Synergy Heated Vest with Collar

Re: Tour Master Synergy Heated Vest with Collar

OK you electrified guys ... Question for ya ...
    The Tourmaster and Warm & Safe jacket liners ... How well do they heat the sleeves? I have an Aerostitch electric jacket liner, and have never been real happy with the heat output of it, especally in the sleeves.
    Thinking of investing in a liner that will keep me toasty, insted of chilled.
    Seems the Tourmaster & Warm & Safe are both considered good, but I didn't see anyone comment about how well it kept their arms warm.

G

I've done so much with so little for so long ... Now I can do nearly anything with almost nothing.

George,

I have the lighter weight version of the W&S and don't have any issues with cold sleeves, but I'm sure that fit is crucial with any heated gear. It needs to be fairly snug over just a long sleeve shirt. Then you need to keep the heat in with your outer layer. Gaps that let cold air in are noticeable...even on the wing.

Richard

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Rich is right, George!
    As you know, I always ride with protective gear on. When wearing my leather jacket, the sleeves are tight, so it keeps my TourMaster sleeves tight against my long sleeve T-shirt. On my Textile riding jackets, they have adjustable 'take ups' on the sleeves, that bring the sleeves in tight against my arms and therefore the heated jacket sleeves as well, providing nicely heated arms.

The 2 main factors for keeping warm are a good fitting heated jacket liner and wearing just a thin long sleeve garment underneath the heated liner. Of course ... the more 'windproof' the outer jacket, the more heat it keeps in. A set of Frogg Toggs over top of your gear helps to retain/provide extra heat as well, as they are an extra 'wind barrier'.

I find that with the heated jacket liner and the grip heaters I installed under my grips, I can ride very comfortably into high 20s, with just my Tourmaster Mesh Jacket on ( with it's rain/windproof shell installed), over a long sleeve T, a Dickie (to prevent the wind going down my collar/neck) and a pair of unlined leather gauntlets.

Dusty
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg