Thread: Lost Maples State Park

Lost Maples State Park

It was cold windy March of this year that I spent the night at Lost Maples State Park which is located off of FM 187. Typical Hill Country scenery greets you with a twist; this park is home to a species of Maple tree which is not endemic anywhere else in Texas. The park, restrooms and showers are well maintained which makes for a pleasant visit. There are campsites for full hook up's or primative sites.The park rangers are polite and willing to answer any questions you may have. I am going back!
    I got dem travlin' bones

Re: Lost Maples State Park

I also stopped at this park on the 16th of March after traveling through rain all day. Nice clean park and completely full, glad I had reservations. Each site had it's own covered picnic table. I stopped here to spend some time in the Texas Hill Country. Wow, great riding here. Sweeping curves and nice elevation changes, just some beautiful riding country. Just wish more wildflowers would have been out.

Touringtom

Lost Maples State Park

Not sure, but willing to bet my last dollar, that every athlete and their parents that qualifies for this state championship would rather compete nowhere else but UT Austin.