View Poll Results: How many prefere a campfire at night

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • A fire makes it more enjoyable.

30 100.00%
  • Don't like the smoke smell.

0 0%
  • Concerned about sparks burning holes in the tent.

0 0%
  • Hate gathering wood for the fire.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Campfires

Re: Campfires

it would have been a shorter topic if you asked who didnt like fire while camping
    2014 Valkyrie Red the fastest color!
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

All miles are good miles tankereng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
    Collecting firewood (when allowed) is really part of the fun. It takes you off the beaten path and usually allows you to stumble across some really cool spots.

The smell only reinforces that you are not in a controlled/sterile environment. And if showers are available, you feel that much more clean afterwards.

It's all good.
    True statement....anyone heard from Doobage lately? Haven't seen him in a year...

Quote Originally Posted by tankereng View Post
    True statement....anyone heard from Doobage lately? Haven't seen him in a year...
    No and the last time on the site was over 3 years ago.
    Last Activity: 08-31-2006 01:10 PM
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

All miles are good miles tankereng's Avatar

Last I heard from Doobage was via ST-Owners... awhile back. I crashed at his place after the NasaSToc that he put together last year.....great guy and a really cool family. Hangin at his place was like catchin up with some old friends...

FIRE!

Sidecars Rule! ☺

Quote Originally Posted by punk_emo_tx View Post
    Don't foget the DuraFlame log......

One time I bought one at the nearist town to my camping destination. I knew I wouldn't have daylight to geather wood so I had to cheat...lol. Turns out it had been raining the week before and no one in the camp except me had fire. You'd be amazed at the gifts people bear just to hang at the only fire.
    We discovered that at the Scottish campout I described in another thread. People actually ran back to their campsites in the rain to bring us adult beverages and dried sausages. All because we had the big fire going.

I like the duralog idea. I'm going to adopt that. I've always brought along firestarters. http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5RU-50B
    and a couple railroad flares for wet wood.

Quote Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
    Off topic, but: never put an un-opened can of suckatash directly into a burning firepit.......and leave it there longer than 1 minute.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chili will do the same thing!

Gotta have fire!!

Most of the campgounds we stay at will have firewood for sale,but we have use the dura flame logs.3 logs will make a nice fire for about two hours.You can stretch that out if you want to be a little more conservative.
    My wife found a small home made portable propane fire pit some guy was selling at a Goldwing rally.
    It's an old cast aluminum pot fitted with a small propane nozzle in the bottom,filled with some metallic substance that looks like coarse sand,and a fitted lid with a screw on handle that holds the lid on for storage.It's usually tucked away in the trailer,and we've used it a couple times when there was no other option

Jeff in Ferndale,WA
    White 2004 Honda Goldwing

Fire...is my friend!

Camping is not camping without a fire!

Sidecars Rule! ☺

My buddy Brian believes it ain't a campfire unless the space shuttle can see it.