Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Cove Campgrounds Joshua Tree National Park

Indian Cove Campgrounds Joshua Tree National Park

To start out this years camping extravaganza, I chose Joshua Tree National Park in CA. Just a quick 12 hour ride from home, this is the first time I have been there. The park is a must see on anyones list. Though it pales somewhat in comparison to parks north of it ie. Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite. it is well worth the trip.

The campground is set among the rock formations and the sites are far enough apart that you feel like you are out there alone. I was lucky enough to get a site which had a natural heater that came in handy during the cold evenings. The fire ring was in between two large bolders, one larger than the other. The campfire heated up the larger of the two and radiated heat which made it quite comfortable. Although there are few facilites just a pit toilet and no potable water, you are only 5 miles from the town of Joshua Tree which has everything you may need. I have enclosed a few pictures of my site
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37 (1412 x 1059).jpg   Picture 014 (1650 x 1238).jpg   Picture 017 (1600 x 1200).jpg   Picture 021 (2000 x 1500).jpg  
    2007 Suzuki VStrom DL1000
     ...to the topTop

Re: Indian Cove Campgrounds Joshua Tree National Park

Nice looking camp ground and appears you had the place to yourself a rare thing in the world of camping. Thanks for the heads up and the pics..

Eric M
     ...to the topTop

Very nice! I've been planning a trip to Joshua Tree in March for the past couple of months. The pictures and your write up gave me some good info.
     ...to the topTop

Quote Originally Posted by camarkim View Post
    Very nice! I've been planning a trip to Joshua Tree in March for the past couple of months. The pictures and your write up gave me some good info.
    Actually, the campground was almost full! It was MLK's Birthday Holiday, a 3 day weekend. This shows how far apart the sites are, almost like being alone.
     ...to the topTop

Those boulders would make me want to climb them! Great pics. Don't know when I will make it out west, but will definately keep Joshua Tree in mind. What kind of light is powered by sprite?
    Camping with Roll-A-Home Motorcycle Camper Blog

http://davidsrolla-homecamper.blogspot.com/
     ...to the topTop

nice write up... I live a few hours from Joshua Tree and have been meaning to get out that way... now I know it's worth it...
    "the dead know only one thing... it is better to be alive..." -Joker; Full Metal Jacket
     ...to the topTop

Thanks to your last pic, I found a new way to use my ufo light as a table lamp. (I hope I'm not the only one to never think to do this.)
    Harley Ultra Classic
    Independent AMSOIL Dealer
    http://www.bestusoil.com
     ...to the topTop

and this is what that steak looked like before it ended up on my plate.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 018 (1700 x 1275).jpg  
     ...to the topTop

I really like this little grill, well worth the money

link...........

http://www.grilliput.com/01en_grilliput_start.php
     ...to the topTop

Great pics. I want to get there one day. I love that little grill, going to order one today, that T bone looked great!
    "Dave"
    2017 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer
    Ride, fish, eat, camp, rinse & repeat, live for another ride
     ...to the topTop