Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LuxuryLite Cot

Re: LuxuryLite Cot

Welcome, Dave.

That's a pretty nice catch on the Eureka. I'll check it tonight...

Glad you are here.

Mellow

Welcome Dave, I keep forgetting about that part of the eureka site... some very nice deals there.

(Threadstarter)

Wow! I've been to the Eureka site before but had never clicked on the Outlet tab -- great resource. Thanks Dave and welcome.

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

(Threadstarter)

Which will cause more stress, the feet to the tent bottom (if placed inside) or the outer seams (if placed underneath)? I dunno, but that's why I was thinking bivy.
    Well I finally got around to trying the cot out under an old tent of mine. It is a hiker/biker tent that they claim is a 1-2 man -- and of course that means a pretty generously sized 1 man. I just climbed into the tent and right onto the cot/sleeping bag. It was quite comfortable and there were no stress issues. However, if it had been a larger tent, one that I could have walked around in, I feel that walking anywhere near the perimeter of the cot would have been problematic.
    So far, my sense is that either a) you climb into the tent and right onto the cot, as I did in this case, b) that it be used in a rather large tent, one in which you are willing to give up a border area of about a foot, or c) my original thought of just plopping a bivy on top of it and call it a day.
    I still plan to try it inside as well.

I use a Luxury Lite Cot & a Hilliberg tent. I did not want my cot's feet to ruin my tents floor. The foot print's $120, so I put the cot between the floor and the foot print. Keeps the cot clean, floor undamaged and nothing gets under the cot while you sleeping. After Paying to much for all the above I will have to say that It's a pleasure to sleep on a Luxury Lite cot, Big Agnes pad and Lost Ranger bag. I have not set up the cot just for time savings (getting into Camp late) and gotten up in the middle of the night and assembled it. I have a couple of hammocks and really prefer sleeping in them. Mostly for weight and time to get camp together and disassemble. There isn't always convenient camp sites.

We've got two of these cots. I've got extreme velcro fastener strips on order from Amazon. 1 x 4 inch sets. Gonna stick the loop side on the bottoms of our cot feet after giving them a swipe or two with sandpaper to roughen up a bit. Figure that will do the trick to protect the tent floor. We love the cots!

The velcro strips were just a wee bit wider than the cot feet. I trimmed 1/3 off each before sticking the strips on the plastic. There were 10 sets (hooks + loops) in each package of the velcro fasteners. I used two of the trimmed pieces on two of the twelve feet so one box of 10 did each cot. We did a trial set up of the cots, new tent and Noah's tarp 12 in the backyard and are well pleased with the results!