Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LuxuryLite Cot

LuxuryLite Cot

This little cot makes a lot of interesting claims, and now that I've had one and used it several times, I can attest to the truth of these claims.
    I'll review the various aspects in order of personal importance.
    Comfort
    As you may know from a previous thread, I've been toying around with hammocks and different kinds of pads in my search for motocamping bliss. This UltraLite cot actually does compare to the comfort of a hammock. You are completely off the ground (4") so there isn't anything to complain about. The width is adequate (24") and will accomodate even the widest of pads. You don't really need a pad but I find the two together (cot/pad) offer the best case scenario.
    Stuff Size
    Here's where this thing really shines. It packs up so tiny and light you can take it with you anywhere and it will fit in nearly any piece of your luggage.
    Versatility
    Here's another plus. Set it on rocks, beach, pinestraw or asphalt. It doesn't really matter. Once you're laying on top of this thing you won't be able tell. I also like the tent option. The manufacturer suggests that you place the cot under your tent (and mat, if you wish) and then stake it down. Yes, there will be a big bulge in the middle of your tent, but it will stay put and it's comfortable.
    Price
    Yes, it's pricey. But it's a really well thought out design and seems extremely durable. It's pretty amazing that it weighs under three pounds.
    Weight
    The UltraLite cot weighs 2 lbs and 12 oz and will accomodate up to 325 lbs. If you weigh under 175 lbs (as I do), you can remove a few of the poles and the whole things weights 2 lbs.
    Support
    I haven't had any issues with mine but I have read glowing reviews about the guy who owns the company. Word is that he is very customer service oriented and reliable. He also offers a full 30 day money back guarantee and I think that did it for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF5318.jpg  

David
    2014 Street Glide Special

Mellow

Re: LuxuryLite Cot

Thanks.. how about a link to where it can be purchased? Also, you said it was pricey but not how much you paid...

I found this.

LuxuryLite Cot

Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

Great cot. Fits inside the saddlebag on my valkyrie. Most comfortable way to spend the night on the ground.

(Threadstarter)

Thanks Rick, that's the link. As indicated there, they run 219.95 (free shipping). I looked around on craigslist, flea bay, etc. and couldn't seem to do any better. I guess the people that have one are hanging on to them.
    BTW, it's also available at Cabela's and there's a bunch of reviews there.

Looks like the Hi-Tech Cot from Aerostich... same price.
    I've seen one and like it a lot... just not enough to buy one... yet.
    Dave
    <<<< Willville in April

'99 ST1100

Liv2Ride

As a note the Aerostich Hi-Tech Cot is the same cot as the LuxuryLite Cot. Aerostich buys them from the guy that owns Luxury Lite. I own one and I recently received an offer but the offer was significantly lower than I was willing to let it go for. However, it did get me to thinking about selling it along with a bunch of other items that never get used. I'm a gear junky and I really need to down-size. I'm thinking that the cot should go to the first person that can come up with $185.00 That's a minimum of $35.00 less than Aerostich or LuxuryLite and $45.00 less than Cabela's. By the way it is the new version with the black middle feet and aluminum poles and has been used less than a handful of times. Feedback, thoughts? If you're interested send me a personal message.

(Threadstarter)

I guess I had a little too much time on my hands this week but here's what I did. LuxuryLite suggests putting the cot under your tent so I thought I'd give it a try. On a night that wasn't too cold and with no chance of rain, I put the cot on the ground...

Put a ThermaRest on top of the cot...

Then I took the ground cloth of my tent and staked it down over the top of the ThermaRest...

And here's what it looks like ready to place the tent on top.

But for the first trial run I just put my sleeping bag on top and crashed without the tent. The pad beneath never budged.

I'm thinking about doing this with a bivy. Pretty comfy considering how minimalist it is.

Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by aysrav View Post
    I guess I had a little too much time on my hands this week but here's what I did. LuxuryLite suggests putting the cot under your tent so I thought I'd give it a try.
    That's the first I've heard of that....

I guess I would be concerned about it stressing the seams on the tent too much..

I wonder what the benefit is with this vs putting it inside the tent.

I'm thinking the cot legs / feet would put a lot of stress on the fabric, trying to poke through the tent bottom when the cot is inside. Putting the cot under the tent....hmmm, they just might be onto something here.
    Bob Smith
    Yuma, AZ.

03 ST1300
    03 V-Strom
    STOC #4420
    IBA # 16332