Thread: Panhandle Campground, Colville NF, WA.

just another Saddle Tramp Dusty Boots's Avatar

Panhandle Campground, Colville NF, WA.

We overnighted at this small, out of the way campground on June 23/09 and were the only ones here, besides the Camp Host.
    This 12 site campground is located along the eastern shores of the Pend Oreille River, off of the Le Clerc Rd.
    This is a very quiet campground , located in the middle of 'no where'. The sites are all quite private, nestled among towering Pines and Firs, except our site, which we chose because it was a more open one, on the edge of a play-field(?) that borders along the 'beach'/river.
    There are a couple of clean, wheelchair friendly vault toilets, water and firewood for a fee. (although we scrounged our own)
    Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring.
    Good views up and down the Pend Oreille River.
    No electric, showers, laundry facilities, or WiFi.
    Once you get back over to the other side of the river at either Ione, or Usk, the ride along SR 20 over to Colville is a beautiful one with some nice twisty sections.
    Cost for 3 tents, 1 bike and 2 vehicles was $21 for the night.
    There was extensive road construction along Le Clerc Rd, just north of Usk, to 2 miles south of the campground when we were there. Good thing for all the years of my dirt bike experience as the mud/gravel was very soft/deep in spots and I felt my heavily laden touring bike wanting to go down a few times , so I had to get right 'on the gas', to bring her up on top of the crap and keep her upright and moving forward.

Campground Location: - http://tinyurl.com/yjvl4ag

Campground Description: - http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/pac....htm#panhandle

Dusty

Re: Panhandle Campground, Colville NF, WA.

Very nice review of a great place.

I have a friend that has property right on up LeClerk road, I have stayed at her place several times. Great area.

Re: Panhandle Campground, Colville NF, WA.

Beautiful pics of the lake (in the AM??).........looks like a well-kept secret in the PNW.