Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Creek Campground, Lolo NF, MT

just another Saddle Tramp
    (Threadstarter)

Re: Lee Creek Campground, Lolo NF, MT

Quote Originally Posted by Bountyhunter View Post
    Well Jeb, When you do meet Mr. Dusty Boots you sir are in for a treat. You will never meet a finer man in this lifetime. He has forgot more about camping and loading a bike than I'll ever know. He is a wonderful friend.

Quick .... .... someone get me a shovel!

Layin it on pretty thick aren't ya, Ken!
    Ken - 1992 Honda GL1500 Aspencade 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Camping Styles - tent camp off of bike - 2013 HF Cargo trailer - 2011 Aspen Sentry
    "It's never too early to plan and never too late to go!" - Dusty
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8518/8390110233_2a7d94ec03_m.jpg

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by moodygne View Post

I saw the poles as well. I have three with the camper. I have also talked to them at Gander Mt. I think He is going to make me a deal.He said he has a Kelty out of the box, maybe 1/2 off.I don't know what size. Room for carrying stuff has just increased.I am just worried about wind. Can I leave it up and ride all day. With out it blowing away, or riping.
    Do you think 1/2 off would work?
    Gary
    Ya, That seems like a good price.
    It should work fine for ya and with the knots I'll show ya, it'll stay up as long as you use two lines/pole, good pegs and the material/tie out points are good.

Gary, I can't vouch for the tear/rip strength of the Kelty's material/tie out points, seeing as I've never owned one, but the silicone impregnated nylon does have superior rip/tear resistance compared to the material the Kelty is made of.
    Mine has survived 70mph winds and a heavy deluge when a wicked Thunder Cell blew in at one campground I was at, along the Mississippi

Thank you I am going to do a check it out thing.Do you carry a lot of rope?
    Gary.

Darkside # 751
    May God keep us all safe, and full of love.
    2016 Road Glide, and 2014 piggy back cargo trailer

(Threadstarter)

Although I do carry a length of rope, I use that mainly for hoisting a food bag in bear territory.

I bring along roughly 150' of cord, cut up into mainly 2 lengths
    I use this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045DX7JE/ref=asc_df_B0045DX7JE2360382/?tag=becomcom00552-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B0045DX7JE&linkCod e=asn"]braided nylon cord[/ame], cut up into a bunch of roughly 12' lengths and singe the ends so they don't unravel. Some of these I will cut in half to tie the tarp off to a nearby tree etc. You can always tie a couple together to give you a longer length if needed. I do however, carry a couple that are 25' long
    Cheap, compact and strong enough for the task. Make sure it is the NYLON variety though and not the Poly Cord, which won't stand up.
    I stuff the cord into the tarp's stuff sac, along with the tarp.

Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Boots View Post
    We stayed at Lee Creek Campground on June 16/09 and we had the upper loop of this campground all to ourselves.
    This campground consists of two loops and is situated just off of the famed US 12, between Lolo Pass Visitors Center and Lolo Hot Springs Resort.
    The lower loop is located alongside of Lee Creek and has some heavily wooded, fairly unattractive sites. We opted to stay in the 'upper loop', where the sites are set among a less dense stand of woods

Things probably change over time. In 08/2018 I camped here for one night. Stayed in the lower loop, site #2. Thought the site was awesome. Right next to the creek. Kept the beer cold and the sounds of the water was music in the evening. The lower loop was fairly empty, while the big RV rigs seemed to occupy the upper loop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lee1.jpg   lee2.jpg   lee3.jpg   lee4.jpg   lee5.jpg  

2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II