Thread: Cabela's Pine Ridge Duffel Bag

Thumbs up Cabela's Pine Ridge Duffel Bag

I purchased the smallest version of this bag from Cabelas. My hope was to find a handy bag to hold my tent (Mountain Hardware Alcove 3), tent mallet (Mellow?s suggestion ? thanks for the review), footprint, stakes, and basically everything else needed to set up my camp. Initially, I had hoped to purchase the less costly ripcord duffel bag (reviewed by Mellow). However, after getting my ?stuff? all together I realized the smaller ripcord was too small and the next size up was too big. Looking for a Goldilocks solution, I found that the dimensions of the smallest Pine Ridge Duffel bag were just right. The bag is very well built (and should be for $40), has one large compartment and 6 various sized smaller compartments. All seams are strong and zippers tight. The 1,000-denier nylon material is much heavier and stronger than I would have guessed. The bag is reported to be water-resistant. I?m hoping that it is at least somewhat water permeable so that if my tent must be packed wet it can dry in the bag while the bag is strapped to the back of my ?bike. Everything I need to set up camp will fit in the bag including the above items and a GCI pack stool and GCI strap chair. When I ordered the bag it come with a free Pine Ridge flip-blade knife - Actually, quite a nice knife.

Conclusion: Well-built, just right size, many small organizing compartments, kind of expensive (free knife off-sets this a bit).

Link
    Last edited by Mellow; 04-20-2006 at 05:05 PM.

Mellow

Re: Cabela's Pine Ridge Duffel Bag

Nice... Those extra external compartments would come in very handy.

If it's like the Ripcord stuff, you could unzip it and maybe run a strap around it and you might allow it to dry out some that way... but, not sure it's worth looking in your mirror and seeing a parachute behind you.. LOL

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow
    Nice... Those extra external compartments would come in very handy.

If it's like the Ripcord stuff, you could unzip it and maybe run a strap around it and you might allow it to dry out some that way... but, not sure it's worth looking in your mirror and seeing a parachute behind you.. LOL
    Yeah. That would be funny. I do remember a windy day in Idaho, looking back in my mirror seeing some idiots bag go skittering across the freeway, thinking some dummy lost a bag that looks just like mine. So confident was I about my "strapping" ability. It took two miles before I realized it was mine. I have a similar story about a trailer tire - but thats for another forum.

Mellow

Ha!... now that's funny... well, maybe not... okay..yeah.. it was funny.. LOL