Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You’ve been doing this how long?

You’ve been doing this how long?

I thought it would be interesting to see how many years we’ve all been riding and how many of those years have been motorcycle camping.
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/anrfknm/VisitedStatesMap-motorcycle.jpg target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...motorcycle.jpg</a>'06 FXDBI

(Threadstarter)

Re: You’ve been doing this how long?

Well, it was supposed to be a poll, but I did something wrong so what the heck.

I’ve been riding 45 years and long distance camping since 1981. Let’s see that would be 28 years. Man has it been that long?

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I got my first bike at 10 and have been riding the last 38 years. I have probably camped for 35 years, some of it in some of the saddest gear you have ever seen!

That has changed thanks to all the fine folks here at MotoCampers and Visa!
    Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

I got my motorcycle license in 1999 (when I was 22)...but I've ridden over 100,000 miles in that time. I've only been motocamping for about a year.
    '07 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * '02 Yamaha XT225 * '08 Honda CRF80F * www.bluepoof.com

I've been riding since 1955 (54 years), motocamping for 1 year, thanks to this site.
    IT Director(Ret) MSgt USAF(Ret)
    (GL1800 ramblings)
    -
    There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Began riding in 1970. We started motorcycle camping about 1996. Began camping with an 86 GL1200 and a Cole cargo trailer. We had a 10X12 (or larger) Coleman tent and used an air mattress and sleeping bags. Our camp stove was the cheap Coleman one-burner that you screw onto the top of the green propane cylinder. We carried so much stuff on the first trip we had to look like we were refuges from the Dust Bowl days! The experience was great... we went to the Smokey Mountains. It was the first time we had ever seen them. What a breath taking experience! Now we "run over there" a couple of times a month.

BTW... we have upgraded all of our camp gear, and carry much less of it (probably still carry too much when the Red-Headed Irish Princess" goes along).
    (I wish it wasn't so hard to do.)

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by fredric View Post
    I've been riding since 1955 (54 years), motocamping for 1 year, thanks to this site.
    My hat's off to you sir, someone who's been doing this longer then I have.

Mellow

This is only my 9th year of ever putting my leg over a MC... Only started MotoCamping after meeting Trailace and him convincing me it was a cheaper route... that was in 2001 or 2002 I think so 7 maybe 8 years of camping. Never even camped before that either..

Started out as a way to cheaply ride the bike but now has turned into two great passions... The Ride... and The Camping.

I started riding in 1958, did my first MC camping trip on a '71 R75 in 1971. Used two shelter halves and a Coleman sleeping bag. For those of you not in the know, shelter halves don't have floors. I have refined my gear to several different types. The Bunkhouse of course is primo. The dirt bike stuff is fun and I'm looking forward to the TAT with Rick and Slingshot.

Another month or so will make 45 years riding. Hard to call what I did when I was young 'camping' (way more like sleeping out)

Camping about 3 years, people from here mostly at fault.