• nothing

0 0%
  • I run naked through the forest.

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From my own curiosity….

Re: From my own curiosity….

I carry a tarp & poles but have never used them. In fact, I carry a bunch of stuff that I have never used, but you never know - just might need it some time. The other side to that is that when you need it isn't the time to be learning how to set it up. I watched a guy at WARPED last year take over an hour to set up a tarp. Even after that, every time I walked by his camp, the tarp was in a different position. I could easily double that time...

Larry

i use a tent , but in summer in the desert areas of B.C. if i pull into the campsite late i just sleep under the stars , in my favorate campsite [lilooet] its so hot and dry with no morning dew a tent is hardly needed . its hard to believe but the southern interior of brititish columbia gets scortching hot in summer , the desert has cactus and people can grow bananas in green houses

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76 View Post
    Has anyone tried using Tyvek house wrap as a tarp? It would be light and pack small. I know a guy who uses it as his ground cloth under his tent, so I'm guessing it might make a decent tarp.

I use a Tyvek ground cloth. Nice piece - it's about 118db when putting it out or packing it up..... Can't imagine anyone using one for a tarp.

Larry

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Whoa! You must have the Super Duty Tyvek!

I was thinking more like this.

Steve

2017 Suzuki DL650A V-Strom 2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

(Threadstarter)

Ahh, the old 'make do in the middle of nowhere' routine. Always fun in the telling, later.
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m135/anrfknm/VisitedStatesMap-motorcycle.jpg target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...motorcycle.jpg</a>'06 FXDBI

Site Supporter

Whoa! You must have the Super Duty Tyvek!

I was thinking more like this.

Now that's a heck of a picture.

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

I "borrowed" that pic from ADVrider, it was in one of gaspipe's Baja threads. I think it was the ride report "How many beers did we drink last night?".

I "borrowed" that pic from ADVrider, it was in one of gaspipe's Baja threads. I think it was the ride report "How many beers did we drink last night?".

I remember that one. His reports are always interesting and he does have some adventures.

Me, I don't do dirt & especially that kind.....

Larry