Thread: Petzl E-lite

Petzl E-lite

I bought this originally as a backup light to stash on my bike somewhere, but it is just too nice not to use regularly. It is tiny - about the size of a walnut - and is mounted on a clever base, which allows it to swivel in any direction and also has a clip if you don't want to use the headband.

It has settings for high, low, red, and strobe, as well as a lock setting so it doesn't turn on accidentally in your luggage. It also has a weather resistant storage case and a 10 year lithium battery.

This is my first head light, and it is a real step up from clenching an AA Maglite in my teeth while drooling on myself.
    Alan in CT
    2003 Kawasaki Concours, 2005 Ural Tourist
    IBA # 23064

Re: Petzl E-lite

Quote Originally Posted by Motocentaur View Post
    I bought this originally as a backup light to stash on my bike somewhere, but it is just too nice not to use regularly. It is tiny - about the size of a walnut - and is mounted on a clever base, which allows it to swivel in any direction and also has a clip if you don't want to use the headband.

It has settings for high, low, red, and strobe, as well as a lock setting so it doesn't turn on accidentally in your luggage. It also has a weather resistant storage case and a 10 year lithium battery.

This is my first head light, and it is a real step up from clenching an AA Maglite in my teeth while drooling on myself.

Good Move Alan, Head lamps are one of the best ways to have lighting and both hands free to use. There are lots of them on the market Im glad you like your choice. They sure beat the old 2 "D" cell lights we all used to use. Plus they dont take up much room when packing for a trip.

Eric