Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: coleman dual fuel single burner stove

Re: coleman dual fuel single burner stove

I've been using one for at least ten years. It has never given me one bit of trouble. I use mostly coleman-type fuel in it, but I do sometimes refill it with the bike's gas. If I ever do have a problem with it, replacement parts can be found in any Walmart.

Lately I've been using a small butane cartridge stove, but I'll probably switch back to the 533 this summer. The space savings of the butane stove is negated by the cartridges, and the cartridges tend to perform less well as they empty and are sensitive to the cold. mine doesn't support the pot as steadily as the 533, and the 533 actually can simmer too.
    Alan in CT
    2003 Kawasaki Concours, 2005 Ural Tourist
    IBA # 23064

(Threadstarter)

Well thanks for the info. I picked up one today, looking forward to the first pot of coffee on it.

I purchased a Coleman 533 on eBay, and it finally arrived. I think it wanted to wander before it arrived. Here's the story: http://www.sojournchronicles.com/200...nts-to-wander/.

Brent
    D. Brent Miller, writer, photographer, and independent producer
    www.DBrentMiller.com Publisher of Sojourn Chronicles
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 ABS.

My Summer Home is a Tent JaySoy's Avatar

You can't beat the little Coleman stoves. I have the Coleman 442, which is the same guts, just a smaller tank.

I love the idea of running off of a single fuel source (my gas tank).

About 5 months ago, I was sitting on an RV pad in Paduka, KY in my leaky, cheap tent in the pouring rain drying out my gloves and warming up over that little stove just cracking up about how crappy it was, but how much fun I was having.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySoy View Post
    You can't beat the little Coleman stoves. I have the Coleman 442, which is the same guts, just a smaller tank.

I love the idea of running off of a single fuel source (my gas tank).

About 5 months ago, I was sitting on an RV pad in Paduka, KY in my leaky, cheap tent in the pouring rain drying out my gloves and warming up over that little stove just cracking up about how crappy it was, but how much fun I was having.
    JaySoy welcome to the site. Your right no matter how cold, hot, wet or whatever its still lots of fun.
    Trailace/ Rick
    “You can tell the size of the man by the size of the things that bother him”

Welcome JaySoy

Is a great attitude about 'wet camping'. My Dad explained the difference between fishing and catching fish when I was little. Both are great fun if done right

Glad you are here.

I have one from 1990 and use it all the time. I only use white gas as I do not like the smell of unleaded. Also the unleaded will wear out the generator faster, and will plug it up if you do not use it on a regular basis. I can fill my stove up and it will last me about 8 mornings before needing to be filled up. I only use it to heat water in the morning. I do like the fact that I can use gas from the bike if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmoer View Post
    I have one from 1990 and use it all the time. I only use white gas as I do not like the smell of unleaded. Also the unleaded will wear out the generator faster, and will plug it up if you do not use it on a regular basis. I can fill my stove up and it will last me about 8 mornings before needing to be filled up. I only use it to heat water in the morning. I do like the fact that I can use gas from the bike if I need to.
    Ditto, I have a Peak1 but only use the Coleman fuel in it. Great little stove. I like the flexibility to use different fuel if needed.
    I'm the last John Wayne in this town

I bought both my sons the exact same model stove several years ago and they work great. I have a couple of the older white gas only models and they work great also. I like the option of burning gasoline in a pinch.

(Threadstarter)

Well I have used the stove at Moonshine, (The Hammond farm) and at Yosemite a week ago, great stove, brews a great pot of coffee. Danny