Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teardrop for Wolfie

#%@*, it's raining again! Ironheadziggy76's Avatar

Re: Teardrop for Wolfie

I don't have a clue about the dogs, but I knew a guy who used one of the Harbor Freight trailer kits and it worked out great. He used a small car top carrier on it to make his cargo trailer.

If you are going to make a hitch for the Softy I have a couple of pictures somewhere from one I saw at a bike rally. I'll try to find them, if you need them.
    Sarcasm: Just one of the many free services I provide.

2005 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2002 Harley Road King Classic, 1976 Harley Sportster

Depending on the size of dogs you might want a hack, oh but you would have to buy anoher bike???? "S"

This is what I am wondering about, I got a boxer for Christmas

Steve
    '06' BMW K1200 GT
    '02' BMW F650GS Dakar

If you want to buy or get ideas, Little Guy Teardrops do sell some designed for dogs! Google Little Guy...
    Mike
    '11 Victory Cross Country
    '13 Mini Mate USA Nomad trailer

My experience with the leaf spring style trailers(Harobr Freight) is that bounce a lot more than a torsion axle system. Don't know how well the leaf springs would work for the dogs inside.

I pull a harbor frgt trailer and have learned you can control the bounce with the tire inflation if it is bouncy let a little air out unless you are hauling a lot of wt it won't hurt the tires

My choice would be leave the dogs home as they can get hurt out there and it will be her fault period. Dog dont belong at the campsite and I tried it and they are too much trouble as there are things out there that will eat them or make them smell real bad
    2014 Valkyrie Red the fastest color!
    Remember if its old and you are old its not worth as much as you paid for it

Where I agree with ImR there are many folks who like to take their pets with them. In Canada we ran across a Goldwing with the larger size sidecar llike mine. The wife was riding on the back of the bike because 2 large French poodles were in the sidecar. That was why they bought the sidecar, for the dogs. They took the seat out and as you can see from the picture the dogs were fitted with muzzle straps and leashed to the car. They seemed to enjoy going along!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alaska Trip - Chip #1_1444_1.JPGdog in sc.jpg  
    I didn't get this old by being timid, just not being stupid!

Ahh the HD will look good with a Sidecar

Thumbs up Re: Teardrop for Wolfie

ImR, I will have to agree with G Whizz, the last time I was at Hannigan's Motorsports (they make sidecars & trikes) I saw a really nice HD with a big sidecar and I was told only that it cost more than mine, that would make it over $8,000! Heck, GW if I had your money I would throw mine away! Why don't you breakdown and get a nice plush sidecar for the puppies! Gene