Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Jetboil Review

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Re: Jetboil Review

Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    Curious...why coarse ground? I'm assuming to keep grounds out of your cup?
    I am going to assume he uses the french press option. I have the french press for mine, but I don't use it. I prefer a filtered cup of coffee, so I use a Melita one cup filter cone on top of my coffee cup.

The Jetboil boils a cup of water in a minute or two. I would rather have a cup of my own brew than one from a truck stop.

2002 Goldwing 1800 ABS
    06 Silverwing 600cc Maxi scooter

Quote Originally Posted by LarryinSeattle View Post
    I am going to assume he uses the french press option. I have the french press for mine, but I don't use it. I prefer a filtered cup of coffee, so I use a Melita one cup filter cone on top of my coffee cup.

The Jetboil boils a cup of water in a minute or two. I would rather have a cup of my own brew than one from a truck stop.
    I've got that French press thingy as well for the Jetboil and it does need a coarse grind to keep the coffee from being too chewy. That being said, I don't use the French press anymore - I converted to the Aeropress (LOVE IT) for making coffee - the French press was too much of a PITA to clean up. The Jetboil does a great job heating water quick though. I don't go camping without the Jetboil.
    KevinL
    Proud Parent of a US Marine
    1986 Aspencade W/Motorvation Formula II and Ozzie the Aussie
    1995 Voyager XII, 2010 Aspen Classic

Friend of Bill W. LarryinSeattle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinL View Post
    I've got that French press thingy as well for the Jetboil and it does need a coarse grind to keep the coffee from being too chewy. That being said, I don't use the French press anymore - I converted to the Aeropress (LOVE IT) for making coffee - the French press was too much of a PITA to clean up. The Jetboil does a great job heating water quick though. I don't go camping without the Jetboil.
    I also bought the Aeropress in the late fall of last year but I have not been camping with it yet. It makes great coffee, but it is currently packed away with my camping gear.