Thread: Hot weather riding

Hot weather riding

Do with this as you choose.

I have ridden when it was H-O-T! (> 100 degrees). Not happily; but Iíve done it. Being cheap / poor / practical
    I didnít want to spend multiple hundreds of dollars on a circulating cooling system. Instead I bought 2 evaporative vests from HYPERKEWL @ ~ $ 30 per, and some 2 gal. freezer bags. Follow the directions the vests will keep you comfortable for 2 Ė 3 hours. Then you can stop at the next gas station, change your own body fluids, and wet the other vest.

Now living in South Georgia during the summer I just went to Amazon and got a couple of long sleeve SPV 50 shirts for < $ 20 /per. The work well for 80 Ė 95 degrees.

Fill
    í08 GL 1800
    Pulling an í80 Eagle 1 Trailer or í12 Roll A Home (wide bed, brakes)
    GWRRA / IBMC / TT / KOA

Re: Hot weather riding

I use one of the older vests that you pour in a liter of water and it will keep you cooler for 4 hours or more . Under my Aerostich gear I am good to high 80's above that its still livable . Over 100 it's time to quit .

Wife and I got into some 98F temps a year ago, and what we would do is stop in at a gas station...soak down two shirts and put them on. Felt good for awhile. We would also wrap some ice up in a towel and put it around our neck. Felt real good for a couple hours.

--
    Gordon

My vest was very nice to have out west but in the humidity of the east coast, not so much relief for me.
    Deb

2008 Honda Gold Wing Trike - Champion Kit, 2011 Lees-ure Lite Excel, Harbor Freight Tag-A-Long