Thread: Campground recommendation

Campground recommendation

I am leaving for extended trip out west next month. I want to make my first stop somewhere between Jasper Al and the Mississippi line on I-22. Anybody know of a place to camp along that road? Two of us pulling Mini Mates. I have done google search and even tried to find a Pilot or Flying J and no joy. Thanks

Re: Campground recommendation

I have used the app park advisor with good success.

Get an earlier start and travel a little further west to Tombigbee State Park.

https://www.mdwfp.com/parks-destinat...arks/tombigbee
    2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic, 1993 HD FatBoy
    2014 Aspen Sentry
    2001 Bushtec Turbo-II

A little out of the way but at Jasper go north up to Bankhead National Forest, several campgrounds, then take Hwy 278 west and hook back up with I22 near Hamilton AL It's a nice ride. I've camped at a couple of them over the years as I go west on 278 from GA. Their might be something private on Smith Lake closer to Jasper and I22.
    Meach and Maggie
    05 vtx1300
    07 RS Venture (RIP 2016)
    09 DL 650 VSTROM

How far "out west" are you referring to? are you looking for campgrounds or just places to pull off the road for the night?
    2010 GL1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, Leesure Lite Excel camper.

(Threadstarter)

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch2 View Post
    How far "out west" are you referring to? are you looking for campgrounds or just places to pull off the road for the night?
    We will see you in Montrose. You are going right? John and I are just looking for places to get off the road. I found a Loves at exit 65. That will probably do for the night. We already know where we are staying the other two nights on the way.